Limited connectivity to the gateway and Uplink Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bare65
Advanced Tutor

Limited connectivity to the gateway and Uplink Issues

I've had service with Hughesnet for many years and it's quite rare that I have any issues with my service however I'm hoping you can help me fix the connectivity issues I'm currently experiencing. Everything I've tried so far to resolve the issue has failed.

These connectivity issues may have been going on longer than this but I've been on vacation for 10 days and just came back last Friday so this is when I actually first noticed the connectivity issues.

I'm currently FAP which I'm aware off BUT... on top of this I have Limited Connectivity to the Gateway with a 20% packet loss, as well as uplink issues which you can see below in the screen shots I took of my system control.

Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 07-20-43 HT2000W HughesNet System Control Center.pngScreenshot 2022-06-07 at 10-08-09 HughesNet System Control Center.pngScreenshot 2022-06-07 at 10-03-39 HT2000W HughesNet System Control Center.png

Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 10-33-04 HughesNet System Control Center.png

I've done both soft reboot and hard reboot. I've restarted my computer.

There is nothing blocking my line of sight or anything else in front of my dish that could possibly cause an issue.

I can access the internet, but it is extremely sluggish and/or will simply time out.

If possible, could I request a Hughesnet customer service rep look into this issues for me remotely and perhaps see if there is something that can be done on your end to help resolve these connectivity issue. Many thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Remy

bare65,

Thank you for reaching out and providing us with the information and attached screenshots! The detailed explanation helps us a lot in diagnosing what the exact issue is. After looking into your account and running diagnostics, it appears there are some ongoing issues with the external radio. I've gone ahead and set up a dispatch for a technician to come out and make repairs at our earliest available time and date, Thursday, June 9th, between 8-11AM. I've made sure that all associated fees are waived as courtesy! Please let us know how this visit goes!

Thanks,

Remy

bare65
Advanced Tutor

Thank you Remy for such a quick response and for dispatching a tech to my home. Thursday, between 8-11am will work great.

bare65
Advanced Tutor

@Remy 

Yesterday afternoon. just after lunch, I performed another Power Cycle Reboot and it seemed to have worked as all of the previous connectivity issues I was having now appear to be completely resolved. I'm not showing any limited gateway / packet losses, and I have green check marks showing in the uplink sections from the time I did the reboot.

Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 07-45-42 HT2000W HughesNet System Control Center.pngScreenshot 2022-06-08 at 07-43-33 HughesNet System Control Center.png

I called the technician this morning and cancelled the appointment we had scheduled for tomorrow as everything is now back to working on my end, but if the issues should arise again I'll be sure to come back and let you know.

Many thanks again for your quick reply yesterday. I very much appreciate it.

bare65
Advanced Tutor

The Hughesnet technician has already reached out to me and verified my Thursday appointment both via text message and phone call.

He's already run some remote diagnostics and says it looks like my issues started back in early May, if not before...and will no doubt replace the radio when he gets here.

I couldn't ask for better customer service than this!!

Thanks again Remy for getting this all set up 😊 You ROCK!