Link speed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nathangilbert
Freshman

Link speed

Noticed that my link speed went from 72mbps down to 54mbps about a month ago. With the slower link speed I cannot stream any video. Gen 4 equip, 1.6 years old. What would cause this? Guess I don't have to worry about running out of data(silver lining)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda

Hi Nathan,

When you say "link speed" are you referencing a certain test result or your local LAN link speed? Both 72Mbps and 54Mbps are off the charts high for Gen4, so it would be good to get a little more information.

Thanks,

Amanda

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

If you can't stream at those speeds then you have another issue going on. The advertised speed is "up to" 25 Mbps so you are way above that.

Both those speeds are way above the norm and may not be accurate. What test are you using to measure speed?

Amanda

Hi Nathan,

When you say "link speed" are you referencing a certain test result or your local LAN link speed? Both 72Mbps and 54Mbps are off the charts high for Gen4, so it would be good to get a little more information.

Thanks,

Amanda

I must be looking at wifi link speed. Just ran a speed test and came up with 17mbps
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@nathangilbert

What is the result you get when you run the test in the following link?  http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/general/lan_speed