cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys Router DDWRT not working with hughesnet the way I want

Highlighted

Linksys Router DDWRT not working with hughesnet the way I want

Hello community,
Let me describe the scenario and then I'll describe the problem, please bear with me. I have a Cisco-Linksys WRT54GS Wireless-G Broadband Router with SpeedBooster with DDWRT installed. My network works just fine, however, if I want to login to my router I can't get to the config page. The default IP of the router is 192.168.1.1 Hughesnet modem gives me addresses of 100.91.168.xxx. So I disconnected hughesnet from the router, and login to the config page of the router, using 192.168.1.1  I change the settings of the router to 100.91.168.xxx. I plug hughesnt back in, and everything works fine. However, 20 minutes later, I try to login to the router again, using the IP I set 100.91.xxx.xxx and it doesnt work. I look at my IP address in CMD and it shows 100.91.212.xxx. Why did the hughesnet modem give me this new address after everything working fine?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Assistant Professor

Re: Linksys Router DDWRT not working with hughesnet the way I want

You need to plug directly into the router and set it up first as I described above. If that doesn't work then I'm at a loss. Maybe someone else will chime in.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

HN is using the 100.91.168. XXX address space. so if you change you router to 100.91.168.xxx thier will be duplicate IP's on the network. This will not work. if you want to prove it, connect to the modem and ping the ip you want to put in the router.

So what do I need to do? Pinging the 100.91.168.xxx did not work.
Assistant Professor

Do you have the router set as DHCP server? You should if not.

WAN is Static. I have tried disabling the DHCP on the router. It changes nothing. I will still get a different address from the hughesnet modem.
Assistant Professor

No, should work that way unless something is wrong with the router. Should be able to have DHCP server enabled and address of router as 192.168.1.1. Then set the range of addresses you want to use. I have Asus router but setting should be similar. Click on pics to see better.

Assistant Professor

WAN should be set to automatic IP:

Thank you for the information. I might try this afterwhile. Are you not getting 100.91 addresess from the hughesnet modem? Just to clarify.
Assistant Professor

Actually mine reports 100.116.223.x but everything works as supposed to. I think that is a pseudo address the router sets to keep things straight if the DHCP server.

And you are able to login to your router with 192.168.1.1?