Hughesnet Community

Local technician does not call, cannot get repair appointment!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amyammons1
Freshman

Local technician does not call, cannot get repair appointment!!

We have not had internet service since March 31 - today is   April 9.   I received case no. 103346446 after several technical support calls, where tests were run and it was determined that our satellite dish needed adjustment.   I was told on April 1 someone would call within 24 to 48 hours.   I called Tech Support last week to report that I had not even received a return phone call from local technician, and was given a telephone number to call. That number reaches an answering service, where a nice lady told me she would notify Dave to call me.  HughesNet said "Dave" had been contacted also.  I called the answering service several times last week to say that I had not even received a return call!   Finally HughesNet gave me a phone number for the Distributor, whom I called on April 7.  They offered me the same answering service number that I had been calling!  I told them that was not working, and the woman said she'd contact Dave by email to tell him to call me.    I need to set up an appointment so that I can be home when the technician finally arrives for the repair, and I cannot get the courtesy of even a telephone call!!!    I am so frustrated with the run around!  Is there only one technician for the Spokane/Cheney area?   Does Dave even exist, and if so, why can't he return a phone call to set up a repair appointment??   We have been without service for 11 days now.  This is totally unacceptable! 

10 REPLIES 10
amyammons1
Freshman

Correction:   we have not had service since March 29.   HughesNet tech support ran tests on March 30, 31 and April 1.

Hughes Net:   if you reply, please respond to my AOL address.  Since I am without internet service, I am posting this at Starbucks.  My AOL email will go to my smart phone.  Thank you!!!!

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"I am so frustrated with the run around!  Is there only one technician for the Spokane/Cheney area?   Does Dave even exist, and if so, why can't he return a phone call to set up a repair appointment??   We have been without service for 11 days now.  This is totally unacceptable! "

Agreed, this is unacceptable.  One hopes Dave is alive and well somewhere in the Spokane/Cheney area and that he hasn't lost his phone.

Did you run a Google search to see if there were other Hughesnet contractors in your area? I'm hoping Dave isn't the only one.

@Lizor @Amanda may be able to light a fire under Dave's caboose, or provide you with the number for another installer.

Liz

Hi Amy,

Welcome back, thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear what's been happening, I can understand how frustrating that can be. I pulled up your account, please let me investigate further to get this site visit to happen and get you back online.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thanks. Your help is sincerely appreciated.

Good morning Amy,

We've reassigned another dealer to your case who has an earlier availability. We've requested the dealer to contact you this morning to set up an appointment. Please let us know how it goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank Liz very much. We look forward to getting this resolved asap... we are losing money every day this is not repaired.
Amy.

Just got a call from "Jeff" of Post Falls, Idaho office. He was very prompt with his call this morning and very courteous. He has set an appointment for repair for this Saturday (15th) between 11 am and 2 pm. We are looking forward to getting our repairs done. Thank you and will let you know how it goes.

Amy

Thanks for the update, Amy. I hope the repair goes smoothly. Feel free to drop by the community again if you have additional concerns.

Just got a call from "Jeff" of Post Falls, Idaho office. He was very prompt with his call this morning and very courteous. He has set an appointment for repair for this Saturday (15th) between 11 am and 2 pm. We are looking forward to getting our repairs done. Thank you and will let you know how it goes.

Amy