cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look how far Hughes has progressed

Look how far Hughes has progressed

It's not easy being an Internet Service Provider (ISP). I would like to acknowledge all those that have diligently worked on previous customer concerns for the past few years. I know it's not an easy job but somebody's got to do it!

Here's what customers' said in October 2009.
1) They play games with their FAP in order to force you to upgrade. (Going from a HN7000 to an HN9000 yielded no better response)

2) They are oversold. (moving HN7000 users to HN9000/Spaceway)

3) They cannot provide the service that they promise.
(famous words from ECC William. "Service and speed levels are NOT guaranteed).

4) Their tech support is terrible. (outsourced, only read from flowcharts and scripts)

5) Language barrier when contacting tech support in India.

6) Tech support doesn't listen. All they can tell you to do is speed tests.

7) Customer service sucks. Billing support in the Phillipines is terrible. (always use form emails)

8) Installer sucks. They dont tighten bolts and forget to run ground wires.

9) Slow, slow, slow, s l o w! Can you say THROTTLE? NOC, we hate you!

10) The 9000 also sucks! Constant reboots. Average twice daily. Overheats.
Noc downloads throttling software into it.

And here's how it is Feb 2013 (almost 3.5 years later):
1) They play games with their FAP in order to force you to upgrade. (Going from a HN9000 to an HT1000 yielded no better response)

2) They are oversold. (moving HN9000 users to HT1000/Gen4)

3) They cannot provide the service that they promise.
(famous words from ECC Sara. "Service and speed levels are NOT guaranteed).

4) Their tech support is terrible. (outsourced, only read from flowcharts and scripts)

5) Language barrier when contacting tech support in India.

6) Tech support doesn't listen. All they can tell you to do is speed tests.

7) Customer service sucks. Billing support in the India is terrible. (always use form text)

8) Installer sucks. They dont tighten bolts and forget to run ground wires.

9) Slow, slow, slow, s l o w! Can you say THROTTLE? NOC, we hate you!

10) The Gen4 also sucks! Constant reboots. Average twice daily. Overheats.
Noc downloads throttling software into it.

So thanks again for all your hard work! BTW what happened to William?
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Look how far Hughes has progressed

Thanks for sharing that research, Notech, that is some great information!

Most of the distrust towards the community moderators, and customer care in general, is created by the way the customer care representatives choose to handle situations. Instead of listening to their customers, who have offered several good improvement ideas, they choose to silence them. The entire support process is frustrating enough, and when customers come to the "customer community" to further voice their concerns, suspending them, removing their comments, and closing their topics prematurely just angers that customer even more. Why don't they see that? Who in customer care decided it was a better idea to fight with customers than to communicate openly and honestly with them? I just don't understand.

Mike I'm sorry to hear that your expirience with Hughes has not been satisfoctory. I though customers opinions were valued at Hughes. Also va vear towards acknowlidging complaints might have a promising impact but I grant that changes are not visibel.

OK, having looked closer on some of the older threads I can begin to understand your viewpoint. There are a lot of closed topics without answers. I also noticed a lot of threads that are only visible on search engines and not listed on this site. Digging deepr I had a look at the change log and see that many thread titles have been changed too. Oh, this is getting worse... clicked on a number of user-names and see that "Hughes privilege is suspended". Have these customers been banned?

I'm beginning to regret my praise now.

Yes, notech, many customers who come to this community to share their experience have had their posting privileges suspended. If you look closely at the "change log", you will discover that there is often no reason given by the moderators for comment removal or account suspension. In the few cases where a reason is given, it is the same generic "guideline violation" reason. However, 95% of the removed comments do not in fact violate said guidelines.

Although customers are encouraged to come to the community to voice their concerns and share their experiences with others, actually doing so will ultimately result in suspended privileges.
Highlighted

That is exactly right, Especially technical support

Well said as a new customers and Im sure Im not alone this gives me the impression put up or shut up were getting our money why should we care Definetly not a good impression for newbies

I'm especially pleased that the moderators are always here to help us. I know that because they state it every time they refuse to answer legitimate questions.

I feel sorry for the moderators having to put up with so many upset customers. They can't fix what upper management does. All the complaints speak for themselves. They think we are all dumb but it's not hard to understand their game. I'm counting my days until my contract is up. Since their last so called upgrade my service has gotten twice as bad. Now half my pictures won't even load and every other webpage I have to reload. It use to be just video's dragging. My status meter needle now moves twice as fast when it is suppose to be moving half as fast. It does no good to complain. Just deal with it and send them the money. I agree they are enticing customers to upgrade. It took me four tries just to log in to post this. Dial up is faster.
Assistant Professor

My contract has been up with them for quite some time yet I have stuck with them. That may change very shortly. I believe I can get 20GB cap wireless now. Better than what I'm going through now.

Don't feel I should be forced to upgrade to Gen4 and enter into a new contract just to get usable speed. Not to mention new equipment fees. So much for loyalty.

I may even try the competition, can't be more frustrating than what I'm going through now.

Ron, Actually the moderators on here work in Executive Customer Care (ECC) within Hughes. That department monitors this site and customer service in general and is VERY aware of the situation.