cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lose connection at 4:00 a.m. EVERY DAY

Lose connection at 4:00 a.m. EVERY DAY

I lose internet connection every day at 4:00 a.m.  Why is this happening?
4 REPLIES 4
Alum

Re: Lose connection at 4:00 a.m. EVERY DAY

Hello Shirley,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can definitely help you here.

Is your service slowing down or are you unable to connect at all? Do you lose connection for a certain length of time?

If you have a router connected, does this happen when you disconnect the router as well?

We were unable to find your account by name. Could you please post one of the following -  a recent case number, full name of the account holder, or serial number of your modem? this way, we can run some tests to troubleshoot?

Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

- Warren
Alum

Shirley,

Thanks for posting your info, as we are currently running remote diagnostics on your system.

A few questions for you to answer if possible. Is your service slowing down or are you unable to connect at all? Do you lose connection for a certain length of time?

If you have a router connected, does this happen when you disconnect the router as well?

Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

- Warren

No slow down, just immediate "no service" indicated at 4 a.m.  Our router is never turned off.  I don't know how long it is off, I give up after 10 minutes and hit the hay.

Alum

Shirley,

Thanks for the reply. Since we do not supply the router, we would need to disconnect it to pinpoint where the lost connectivity is originating from.

In some cases, we have found some routers to malfunction be the cause of intermittent or lost connections, so we want to be sure before we troubleshoot.

Can you disconnect the router and verify if you lose connection at 4am without the router connected?

If you need assistance, we can provide a courtesy Home Tech Service call, free of charge to assist you in .

Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing
back from you.

- Warren