cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Data Usage

New Poster

Re: Losing Data Usage

Also Candice when the modem is checking the connection and you see the transmit and receive lights flashing it does not count against your data usage, the only data that counts is just what you actually use.

They are lieing. When i look at my data usage from a week or 2 ago it is still going up somehow. on some days it says ive used 2 or even 3 gbs! originally it had said I had used only 200mbps! THEY ARE STEALING

According to a survey I took at my mall there are people currently running an experiment with hughesnet 1000 people are in there honeymoon period using up over 100gb a day. my speed is still the same? doesnt that prove that hughesnet has been lieing to people about how their internet works. What i dont get is if they are able to support this then how come we have such extremely low data limits? the average data usage in america is around 50gbs a month.  Hughesnet probably thinks they are saving money and maximizing profit but really if they can support fiber quality WHY ARNT THEY! they are constantly losing customers over their inability to grasp their own potential.

Hi Brad,

Thanks for posting. Glad to see Warren's addressed your concerns in your thread here: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/2-problems-gaming-and-hughesnet-steals-data

Don't hesitate to contact us again if you need any assistance.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Steven,

When
legal has something for us it will be posted.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Steven, 

As Katie said before, we are in the process of reviewing the Subscriber Agreement’s revision management and version visibility.  When complete, you will be among the first notified.   

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Candace - It's worrisome - as I am also a new customer - WAS NOT told about this 'token usage' thing.  Crazy!! So looks like I need to place a sign at my front door for everyone to turn off their wifi - ridiculous.  I cannot play my XBO and/or WOW - or other games due to now I see it uses up my "tokens". Does it also use it up from my TV - its satellite as well - for movies etc. ?  I had mine installed on 8/29/14. By accident - I found this page with peeps talking about "tokens".  I'm appalled! I checked 'my meter' - 10% gone already and its the 9/4/14.  Dang!  Besides very slow speeds - restrictions on use - I'm shocked.  Will see how it plays out.  :/
Tutor

Liz, this is starting to get ridiculous. Answer our questions. Heck get your lawyer to reply again. Oh wait, he may be the one who helped to get HughesNet in this "jam".

Steven, I am sure they are hoping we go away along with our questions. IMO, I feel they are mistaken. I don't believe either of us are going anywhere.

Well apparently I had mis-read my "meter" - it was 90% used not 10% used!  I haven't been on the internet that much!  OMGOSH!! Very Very disappointed!!!  I did post a complaint on this conversation piece - guess that will use up my last 1% - since today it's 99%. :/  argh!

My Post:  "I was not informed regarding the limitations of use of this internet service. I'm very disappointed.  I am now 9 days new - with a meter reading of 99% use - what the heck??? I haven't used the internet a pinch of what I have had in the past - due to moving & unpacking - how is it that I would be using 99% of this service? It was an incidental finding during the community postings that there was even such a thing. It is apparent -by other documented posts -  this is a persistent practice of this company - to mislead and misguide potential customers. Why isn't this 'restrictiveness' information given to the potential customer??? This is a major issue for me - for I do not like to feel duped." 

Highlighted

I would cancel your service, as your problems will probably only get worse, which means even more frustration, and even worse you will be stuck with them for another 23 months
New Poster

I agree, I am new to Hughes Net & I just found out about usage limitations, really disappointing.