cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing internet connection

Highlighted
Sophomore

Losing internet connection

For the last several weeks I am having problems with losing internet connection while online.  I have to unplug the modem and then reboot my computer.  I called CS several weeks ago spoke with someone in Texas, they rebooted my connection . It worked for awhile, then I am still having the same problem. I made a screenshot today, however, all my old error codes have been erased. I was reading the community forum tonight and I saw where another GEN 5 customer, Birddog was having a similar problem.  Could someone run a diagnostic on my connection?  Seems like I was getting the transmit error code.  Thank you, Nancy Moore

Untitled.jpg   diagnos.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Losing internet connection

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for posting, we certainly want to help get to the bottom of this. I ran diagnostics on your site and everything looks fine. I do see in our reports that earlier this month, late last month there were short service disruptions due to rain at your gateway in Duluth, MN. There was also another brief outage on Oct 10.

Are you still experiencing these disconnects up to now?

For troubleshooting purposes, connect your computer directly to the modem, do the disconnects persist then?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

Liz, 

Thanks for running a diagnostic test . My internet goes off intermittedly  with the last time being Sunday Oct. 15??   It will not come back on unless I unplug the power pack.  Did any rain show up on that day ?  My internet connection does go  through the HT 2000 router /modem  since hubby has a laptop.  This is how the tech hooked up my connection when I upgraded to Gen 5. 

Good morning,

Just partly cloudy that day. For troubleshooting purposes, temporarily connect your computer directly to the modem, do the disconnects persist then?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->