Loss of Signal Gen 5 Beam 56

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJinCA
Freshman

Loss of Signal Gen 5 Beam 56

I have no signal. The Internet has been down for 45-60 mins, now. I’m on Gen 5, Beam 56, EchoStar-19-NAD satellite, 50 GB plan, Hughes HT2000W modem. The system, receive, and transmit lights are off on the modem (power, LAN, and WiFi are on), and the system status is red when I try to go to the homepage.

I’m posting this on a horrible, weak 3G connectionon a cell phone. If there is any additional info needed, I would appreciate it if you could also explain how to find it because I won’t be able to google how 😞 Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@AJinCA

Right now, there appears to be a system wide outage that is affecting Jupiter 2 / Echostar-19 customers.  There is no known time for a fix right now, as Hughesnet hasn't made a public comment.  They will most likely make one soon as to what's happening, once they figure out the scope, and PR knows what they can, or can't say.

Thank you! Good to know it isn’t my router going out or something.

I’ve found HughesNet internet to be far more stable and reliable than the services I had in the city before I moved out here. This is my first outage in 7 months on HughesNet. I was getting nightly outages on cable internet.

(Duplicate response)
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

This style of outage (one that affects the entire system) is rare... Very rare, just remember, bad weather at your location, or at the gateway location (which could be on the other side of the country) can cause short term outages.