Hughesnet Community

Loss of signal Gen 5 Beam 68

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of signal Gen 5 Beam 68

My signal all of a sudden dropped to under 30.  There is no extreme weather in my area or my gateway location of San Diego. Both are just partly cloudy.  

I don’t think it was a good idea but I attempted to reboot my modem but now it won’t complete the start up because no signal to check and complete the Software Download progcess. 

Is is anyone else having any problems?  

46 REPLIES 46
Lojowag
New Poster

I am in South N.J. and we are out too. Tried calling customer service and either the line is busy or the two times it did ring it sounded like someone picked up and hung up. Ugh!!

Out in southern ohio

Outage in Texas as well!!
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

They know they have a problem, really no point in calling phone support:

Capture.PNG

Didn’t have internet to see what was going on
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Yeah, neither did I for a little bit, using a different connection now.  Outages like this are very rare, so I don't blame ya for trying to call.

I really just want more information on what happened.

@Lojowag  There is nothing phone support can / will do.  They are aware of the outage and have the engineers working at finding the issue and getting it resolved.   Calling is useless and a waste of your time.   Just have to wait til it’s back up. 

Keep checking the home page for this community for the most recent updates that they can provide.  A mod will probably make a full post about it some time tomorrow giving more details / information.   At this point I assume it’s not even worth making your own post if you haven’t already.  If others say they are back online and your still out then I say make a post so mods can see it and address your issue individually. 

I didn’t know there was outage because I had no internet to check, that is why I called. Lol I had to go to another source and that is how I found the community and the message.
Laramarsh
Spectator

Yes.in North Florida. Just cold, no ice.
Laramarsh
Spectator

North Florida. No ice on equipment.
scottahall
Freshman

Out in NW Arkansas as well.

Out in north central Alabama too. I’m using Verizon wireless right now.

Out in rural Texas, too. /sigh. Hopefully, they will be staffed in the morning after the holiday and get it all back up and running. /crossedfingers

Customer Service lines are completely down, so it is probably a power loss at the hub.

Hang in there, everyone...

Out in rural Texas, too. /sigh. Hopefully, they will be staffed in the morning after the holiday and get it all back up and running. /crossedfingers

Customer Service lines are completely down, so it is probably a power loss at the hub.

Hang in there, everyone...

Western KY out since around 6:00 central.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@PondRiver@Jwilli27@Ronboyd50@scottahall,

The system is out nationwide, every region.  It's not a power loss issue, the phone system is down due to the volume of callers attempting to call the number.  

@Amanda has posted, and will continue to post updates as she gets them here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/About-the-Community/bd-p/AboutCommunity

wastoldlies

yes sir.. everysense i signed up.. but as for your more immediate question.. the net is down nation wide

Hughesnet just annouced service should be restored in a few hours!