Lost email account

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwfrey60
Observer

Lost email account

Years of emails (some very important to my business) gone!  Last of many hughesnet reps told me that there was a glitch in the system, that my email account was affected, and that there was no way to recover it!   You would think in this day and age, this would be impossible!!!  Trust is gone!

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Might want to consider using Gmail in the future.  I do sympathise with you, as I also lost an email account, but it's always a good idea to have backups or to use other mail systems (like Gmail). The email account provided by HN is not top of the line (and looks very 1990s), and there are more powerful (and free) things out there, or things you can pay for if you're so inclined. 

Or not keep them stored where you don't have control over it.

You can use a email client to keep everything local by using pop to get mail, and smtp to send.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Can you also use IMAP?   (Edit: asking just out of curiousity, as I don't think I've ever used either POP or IMAP, and I'll find your answer untrustworthy too).

IMAP leaves the email on the server. It's basically the same as webmail.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
cwfrey60
Observer

Thanks for the comments guys.  Unfortunately, the only solution to this problem woud be hughsnet contacting me with "We've found your email account"!   I don't think that will happen, but there is always hope!  

maratsade

I don't think that can happen, unfortunately, but it won't hurt to hope for a miracle.... You never know!

cwfrey60 wrote:

Thanks for the comments guys.  Unfortunately, the only solution to this problem woud be hughsnet contacting me with "We've found your email account"!   I don't think that will happen, but there is always hope!  

Good morning cwfrey60,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I've escalated your case to our e-mail admins. I'll post back once I have any news to share.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Good morning cwfrey60,

The e-mail account in question should be accessible now, can you please confirm?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good morning cwfrey60,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.