cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low data and throttling under 1Mb at 6am on Beam 34... Really HughesNet?

Re: Low data and throttling under 1Mb at 6am on Beam 34... Really HughesNet?

BTW..I have the HT1100...the last two months I have run out of data which I have never done in all the years with Hughes...The data usage is totally unexplainable ..

I do feel better ...sorry to have wasted anyone's time ..
Assistant Professor

And back to a congested mess by 15:40. What a difference a week makes:
Minimum :: 0.97 Mbps | Middle :: 1.73 Mbps | Maximum :: 3.16 Mbps

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Assistant Professor

Who is 'we'?

I'm telling you that you're not telling me anything new or anything I don't already know. I've been here before, seemingly annually about this time of year.

In fact I've already said as much without your input or anyone else's for that matter.

The difference is that I'm trying to provide Hughes some honest data they can use, so they can do something about it instead of just pointing and saying "fix it" like the others have.

I'm not just complaining for the sake of trying look like a malcontent (which you're doing quite nicely) and I'm certainly not asking for someone to pat me on the head and tell me "that's the way it works". I won't accept either approach because neither solves anything and it's just a waste of my time.

Suggest you do the same.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Alum

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the updates. If you dont mind, can you also run the tests using our native speed test on the customer support center? 

- Chris
Assistant Professor

Another question I've wondered: Is a "Champion" someone who is an authorized support person that is unpaid but is 'championing' HughesNet, or just someone who happened to post a hell of a lot to earn a posting badge?

Assistant Professor

Sure:

Looks like about the same, which indicates it's between Hughes and me.

Assistant Professor

good idea

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

In case you need it, here's also the lag test coming off the HT1100:

Fri Oct 2 20:25:13 2015
Packet Loss: 0.00%
Average Delay: 935.00 ms
Minimum Delay: 670.00 ms
Maximum Delay: 1340.00 ms

Just a little bit worse than normal.

Associate Professor

From the Community Guidelines:

Our Champion status is an elite rating within the community. The Champion status was created as a way to recognize our most passionate and helpful members. Users who ask the most pertinent questions and share their expertise in relevant conversations will be considered for Champion status.
We are no more than people that have been with Hughes long enough, and understand a good deal in regards to home networking, and computer problem solving that we are capable of helping the customers that Hughesnet isn't obligated to help.  We are not authorized by Hughesnet in the sense that we don't have official support documentation or access to key systems, nor are we paid.