cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low data and throttling under 1Mb at 6am on Beam 34... Really HughesNet?

Assistant Professor

Low data and throttling under 1Mb at 6am on Beam 34... Really HughesNet?

Folks,

I can almost tolerate the system going slow in the afternoons. It's even sad that I accept this happening almost every Fall. But at 6am on a Thursday morning - not buying it.

Please have a look at the accelerator on Beam 34... It's way broken.

While I'm at it. I'm on a 15Mb/s plan and I haven't seen those speeds in weeks. Just prior to this problem, I've not seen anything higher than 12.2. You can look into that as well.

Mark

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
60 REPLIES 60
Assistant Professor

Re: Low data and throttling under 1Mb at 6am on Beam 34... Really HughesNet?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have the HT1000 and would like to upgrade to the HT1100.

S/N is B1 0005060833 A4

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Assistant Professor

Pretty sure it would use the same beam so it doesn't matter which as far as congestion goes. If it's more stable than the 1000, which now seemingly reboots and kills connections when it wants, then that's what I want.

Assistant Professor

That said, why my original request was merged in here where it's less likely to be seen like other similar requests is mildly irritating.

Don't expect any real solution to your problem any time soon. That is the real answer to your question.

The HT1100 uses RAM better and has more up to date hardware and firmware I have read where replacing the HT100 with the HT1100 has cured a lot of problems.  If you can get the HT1100 then go for it.
Assistant Professor

gamer madison - I respect your opinion, but you've not stated anything technically reasonable or specific to justify it. Please make your point.

Alum

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting this so we could address your concerns. Just an FYI, whenever we merge your topic into another it typically means we are aware and working to address your concerns. With that said I have already processed the order for the newer HT1100 modem. You should receive it within a few days. Once you do it's pretty simple to set up. Mainly just by swapping out the modems. The box that you'll receive will come with a return label which you can use to ship the older HT1000 modem back to us. 

From there test out your system for a few days and let us know if your performance improves. Most customers I have upgraded report significant improvements. Your patience and cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Chris 
Assistant Professor

Thanks Chris... especially if you can track down the slowdown and throttling issue on 34. It's really killing me and it's affecting many of the things I run.

As long as I have your ear, what is the status of getting static IPs on Gen4? They were supposed to be an option at one point.

Associate Professor

Because of IPv4 exhaustion, you won't be able to get an IP that is accessible from the public side of the internet.  You can get static addressing, but, it's almost pointless since it will be a CGN address on HT1XXX modems.  I also want to say, that only Business accounts can get a static IP.