Lower quality connection (HT1100)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hecubus
Freshman

Lower quality connection (HT1100)

For about 6 months video streams slower or buffers and web pages are slow. It's roughly half speed compared to normal. I've tried everything so some maintenance on HughesNet's end is required. Thanks in advance. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Hi Hecubus,

In order for the reps to be able to help with speed issues they will need some speed tests to be performed.  Though they can see certain things from their end, they can't see everything you can, and the test results will not only give them an idea of your speeds, but also what could be causing the issue.  The protocol for the speed tests are as follows...

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share the account results link with us here.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-use the manual 12MB size download test file 

-If testing upload instead of download, please use the manual 4MB size upload test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx  

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM Eastern. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

View solution in original post

Well I think they did use "the little man" ie wizard to get me to relay numbers. I wonder if it's cultural or if they weren't supposed to call it a wizard. I'll call it solved since weather is an issue now and I'm too busy with work. I meant no disrespect to online reps. I've just never had a complicated issue to fix. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11