cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MODEM

WILDBIRDIES

MODEM

Greetings! Can the modem be moved from my living room to my office. There is a hopper in the living room where the modem is and a Joey in the office where I want to move it. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: MODEM

The techs install the modem in the area of the house where it will work best, so it might not be a good idea to move it at all. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@WILDBIRDIES 

Depending on the total length of the coaxial cable, they may be able to.  It can't be any longer than 125 feet from the dish to the modem.  Whether they would have to run an entirely new cable or splice in to extend it, if it needs to be extended, only they can say.  I'm not really sure, as it's not a topic that comes up a lot.

A rep will likely reply on Monday as to what it would cost to do this.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Remy

WILDBIRDIES,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community! Please send me a private message at this link with your account number or a phone number connected to the account. It'll help us take a look into this and see what we can do to help here.

Thanks,

Remy 

Remy

WILDBIRDIES,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy