cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MORE DATA/UNLIMITED

MORE DATA/UNLIMITED

Im not quit sure where to write this, however i know of our children out in our tiny community as well as parents have really been trying to get hughes to offer us an unlimited data packages, most of the student out here in the country do school work on the internet, and its completely frustrating that we only are allowed a certain amount of data then run out in 2 weeks, its a rip off especially 99% of us live off a budget being in a small town of maybe 500 people! so customer service recommended that we email Hughes and suggest offering us that package out here and consider getting an unlimited package or one with more data allowance! 
42 REPLIES 42

Re: MORE DATA/UNLIMITED

There is already more data load on the system than the satellite can handle at peak times, so no that is never happening at least unlimited.
Assistant Professor

Some people already experience severe slowdowns because of congestion on beams and gateways. Not going to see an unlimited plan for the foreseeable future. Even doubtful once the new planned satellite is successfully launched and online at the end of this year.

I find it difficult to understand what is happening with the OP and 50GB daytime quota.

Before switching to Gen4, I was on a "Power Plan" which provided 425MB per day (which is about 15GB per month).  We rarely (wife and I) had a problem with overusing this quota, and when it did happen, it was because of Microsoft or Symantec.  I could manage this by scheduling those downloads manually to occur at night.

Perhaps the kids are doing a little more than their homework?  They are using up more than 3 times the quota in half the time.

Assistant Professor

My only other question would be does the schoolwork involve a lot of high definition video?
Honorary Alumnus

I guess you can call me a "miser" (Its already been done Smiley Happy ) but it IS possible to adjust your "habits" and lock down a bunch of stuff that maximizes your usage.

Frankly, in normal day-to-day usage I just can't get rid of the data in the same way as I see reported.

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Well of course, only still amazed you use so little of your Ultra plan. Your better half must not like documentaries and history shows like mine. Regular usage should not eat a bunch but again if the kids are doing video it will. I did manage much closer on 10 and 15 GB Anytime plans and still got by just fine.
Honorary Alumnus

Oldest "Rug Rat" is almost 50.

She better not even think about moving back home until I have reached "room temp"

We raised that Girl, we raised her Brother .. we love to have them visit .. and then go home !

Danny, Tessa & Tara being canines, use very little Internet ... in fact none at all. Smiley Happy

Our felines love TV and HD computer video.

Associate Professor