cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacBook Air on 10.9.5 OS X with Airport Express to HughesNet HT 1000. Speed is slow and drops the signal. Turning of/off does not fix.

Honorary Alumnus

Re: MacBook Air on 10.9.5 OS X with Airport Express to HughesNet HT 1000. Speed is slow and drops the signal. Turning of/off does not fix.

sgoshe, ya beat me again .. and in fewer words too !

I owe you 100,000 Gen4$.

Assistant Professor

Re: MacBook Air on 10.9.5 OS X with Airport Express to HughesNet HT 1000. Speed is slow and drops the signal. Turning of/off does not fix.

Yea but yours looks much more professional and the part about cycling the router is a good step. Check out the squiggly arrow.

I'll try not to spend it all in one place.  Smiley Happy
New Poster

You have to excuse my lack of knowledge of the airport express, is that anything like the apple time machine or is it a wireless card?
Honorary Alumnus

Charles,

Its rather long winded and covers a lot of ground but you may wish to read John's thread on his multiple Apple router setup on the Shack:

http://www.ricksyakshack.com/view_topic.php?id=8847&forum_id=60

Edit:

There is also this Apple related topic:

http://www.ricksyakshack.com/view_topic.php?id=10596&forum_id=60

The thought is .. is .. could an address conflict causing "dropouts" be seen a "slow" as new DHCP leases are made after a momentary "recovery" ?

New Poster

Thats what I thought you were referring to, I have a friend and she recently bought a Time machine and every time she reboots either the modem or the time machine she has to go in change some settings to make it work on more than 1 computer, but this is different so I will leave it to you all, my lack of Apple knowledge is something I need to read up on, so Im off to the Shack Smiley Happy

Thanks for all the help. I switched to alternate router today and testing the now.
Alum

AlmondJoy,

Thanks for the reply and update. Please let us know how the new router works out for you.

- Warren
Honorary Alumnus

Warren,

While the latest modem firmware update has been "repealed" for the moment it did not have the "Alt Router" function available.

While this alternate timing function is only used by a few, it is important to those few.

Please point that out to the team that is presently working on the HT1000/1100 firmware updates

Alum

Gwalk900,

Thanks for the update. To my understanding, the Alt Router function is now set to "auto-configure" on the new firmware so there is no need for manual adjustments.

- Warren
Assistant Professor

Warren, to my knowledge they reverted everyone back to the previous firmware (3.0.3.19) and it requires manually setting it.