cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacBook Air on 10.9.5 OS X with Airport Express to HughesNet HT 1000. Speed is slow and drops the signal. Turning of/off does not fix.

Re: MacBook Air on 10.9.5 OS X with Airport Express to HughesNet HT 1000. Speed is slow and drops the signal. Turning of/off does not fix.

Hi Sgoshe and Gwalk,

There is no doubt this function does alleviate some communication issues between the modem and Apple devices. However, there was discovery that people unnecessarily changing the Alt Router were permanently damaging their system and hindering ours. The new SW code should auto-configure when it detects there needs to be a change. We'll have to wait and see more details when they decide to bring that SW code again on how it detects, what it detects and the way "alt router" resolves certain issues.

Thanks,
Amanda
Honorary Alumnus

Re: MacBook Air on 10.9.5 OS X with Airport Express to HughesNet HT 1000. Speed is slow and drops the signal. Turning of/off does not fix.

Good point Amanda.

Thank You for the followup

Assistant Professor

Woah, permanently damaging their system. That's scary, thanks for the update Amanda. Will definitely refrain from telling anyone to change it manually.
Honorary Alumnus

Ditto, but it was my understanding that it changed some timing specs that were more in line with Apple routers.

Ouch !

Thanks guys! I try to catch anything like this first and correct it - but you must have slipped under my radar. The new SW should eliminate even having to bring it up again.

Have a good one!

Amanda