Good morning javapoppa,
Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.
Just in case it may be of value, it looks like, at least as of this afternoon, the emails from hughes.net to my MSN address are no longer being blocked, but only half of them are making it through. I sent five test emails between 4:29PM EST and 5:26PM EST, and only two made it. The other three never did, but there were no "blocked" notices with them like I was getting yesterday.
The forwarded Community notifications are still fine (odd, huh?).
Hmm that is interesting. Thanks for letting me know, Gabe!
Hi Gabe: My experience mirrors your own in that emails sent via Hughes using MS Outlook 2010 either triggers a request for me enter my user name and password, which happens over and over again as the program attempts to send; is sent but results in a Failure to Deliver notice which states either that the Hughes IP address is on a blacklist or that the server rejected my sign on; disappears completely or reaches the recipient two or three days later out of the blue. In the face of all this I took your advice an opened an outlook.com email account and am able to send and receive with no problems to date. I had to remove the Hughes mail account from Outlook because the user name/password request kept coming up continuously and blocked everything that I was trying to do on my computer. Something is awry.
In the face of all this I took your advice an opened an outlook.com email account and am able to send and receive with no problems to date.
That's good. I've used each incarnation of Microsoft's email for my msn email address, starting with using the Outlook Express desktop application in the late 90s, then moving to the Hotmail webmail site when Microsoft bought them, and now outlook.com, though using the Windows Mail app in Windows 10 instead of outlook.com's actual webmail site. Once in a blue moon I'll use the webmail site due to needing to change some mail settings that can't be changed via the Windows Mail app, but I pretty much stick with the app.
I did try the Thunderbird email application for a short time, and it worked well, but it wasn't really for me. I'm too used to the Windows Mail app.
Just in case it may help, I tried ten test emails today, as in sending them from the hughes.net webmail to my MSN email address. I tried five with it set to Ajax and five with it set to HTML, though I didn't think it would actually make any difference with switching from one to the other, which it didn't, of course.
Of the Ajax, one made it through, and of the HTML, three. There were no failure notifications for the six emails that didn't make it. All ten do show in the sent folder.
Hope this helps.
Good morning javapoppa,
Thank you for your patience while your case is being investigated. Our e-mail admins currently have access to your e-mail account so they can try to reproduce what you're seeing. I'll let you know once I have any updates on their progress.
Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.
I am also experiencing e-mail delivery issues. I usually do not receive an NDR until 2-3 days after sending the e-mail. It appears to only happen on e-mails with attached documents. On the NDR there are two errors attached. The first is an exceeded max retries without delivery.
Here is the text from the second:
X-Scanned-by: Cloudmark Authority Engine
Authentication-Results: smtp02.hughes.cmh.synacor.com email@example.com; sender-id=softfail
Authentication-Results: smtp02.hughes.cmh.synacor.com firstname.lastname@example.org; spf=softfail; sender-id=softfail
Authentication-Results: smtp02.hughes.cmh.synacor.com email@example.com; auth=pass (LOGIN)
Received-SPF: softfail (smtp02.hughes.cmh.synacor.com: transitional domain hughes.net does not designate 188.8.131.52 as permitted sender)
Received: from [184.108.40.206] ([220.127.116.11:10678] helo=
(ecelerity 18.104.22.168 r(42060/42061)) with ESMTPA
id 21/B2-05876-16B0AEE5; Wed, 17 Jun 2020 08:24:42 -0400
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 08:23:54 -0400
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 16.0
Typically the mods deal with one issue per thread, so it might be a good idea to create your own ticket so as to separate your issue from Javapoppa's. Go to https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/bd-p/TechSupport and click on "Start a new topic." Then you can copy the info from your post here and paste it over there.
Edit: The mods are on M-F, so you will not hear until next week.
An SPF softfail just indicates that although the from, smtp, and transitional domain (that one is actually kind of weird) was not specified within the SPF entries of the host's (Synacor) DNS record, that the email receiver should neither quarantine nor reject the email as being inauthentic. Either the reciever has set too stringent SPF requirements, or they rejected the email for another reason.
Edit: Plus, as has been said (and seen), jumping in on someone else's issue with a completely unrelated 'me too' has the possiblity of confusing the original poster's issue (and the original poster). If you have something to add, please create your own thread where it can recieve the appropriate attention.