cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Delivery Failure

Highlighted
Freshman

Mail Delivery Failure

I'm having sent emails returned with the notation Mail Delivery Failure and the problem is spreading. It started with mail to a private server owned by a construction company and is now happening with mail sent to BellSouth and to HotMail. Based on what I have learned looking at older threads this is a chronic problem with hughes.net emails and is caused by the server and/or the sender appearing on email blacklists. A check just now shows smtp.hughes.net on four blacklists and my IP on one. This can only be resolved by Hughes but am unable to reach Tech Support; I hit a loop response with the first screen when trying to call in. Is there any way to bring this to the attention of 

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Mail Delivery Failure

The HughesNet reps will be back tomorrow; they will see your post then.  

In the meantime, have you tried chat?  Also, you may want to try the phone or chat services earlier in the morning, after midnight, and on weekends. Worth a shot. 

You may also want to consider changing your email to Gmail or something else.  I imagine HughesNet may drop the email service in the future. Seems to be the trend with ISPs.

javapoppa wrote:

I'm having sent emails returned with the notation Mail Delivery Failure and the problem is spreading. It started with mail to a private server owned by a construction company and is now happening with mail sent to BellSouth and to HotMail. Based on what I have learned looking at older threads this is a chronic problem with hughes.net emails and is caused by the server and/or the sender appearing on email blacklists. A check just now shows smtp.hughes.net on four blacklists and my IP on one. This can only be resolved by Hughes but am unable to reach Tech Support; I hit a loop response with the first screen when trying to call in. Is there any way to bring this to the attention of 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@javapoppa 

This isn't going to help you with your current issue, but I second the idea of migrating to one of the more well known free email providers, such as gmail, yahoo mail or outlook.com.  

ISP provided email is progressively going by the wayside, and it's likely that this will eventually happen with HughesNet as well.  In addition, if/when you leave HughesNet, you won't be able to continue using their email.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
New Poster

I am also having a problem with my email being rejected by other email servers.. The message I am getting is: A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: >>> xxxx@outlook.com (after MAIL FROM): 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, >>> messages from [69.168.97.48] weren't sent. Please contact your >>> Internet service provider since part of their network is on our >>> block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to >>> http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. >>> [DM3NAM05FT033.eop-nam05.prod.protection.outlook.com]
Highlighted
Freshman

I get the same message but following their advice to 'contact your ISP' is no easy matter these days.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

You've made contact here. A mod will see your post and reply as soon as they can.  You can also try phone or chat. Try early in the morning. 

javapoppa wrote:

I get the same message but following their advice to 'contact your ISP' is no easy matter these days.

Highlighted

Hi javapoppa, 

Thanks for reaching out, I can certainly look into this for you. Please private message me the full error message/e-mail in case I need to escalate this to our e-mail admins.

Please include the e-mail addresses to which you're sending that's returning the error message.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Thanks, javapoppa! I received both of your PMs. I'll post back once I have an update for you.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Liz 

Just in case it might help, though I don't use HughesNet's email for anything other than Community notifications, I too get a failure when trying to send an email from my HughesNet email to my MSN email address.  

Oddly enough, the Community notifications continue to be forwarded from my HughesNet email to my MSN email without issue.  

If the failure notice would be helpful, please let me know and I would be happy to send it to you.  Smiley Happy

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for the offer! That does sound interesting, how the mail forwarding works but not sending. I'll let you know if our e-mail admins need more info.

-Liz