Manually repointing dish after a strong wind storm

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnB

Manually repointing dish after a strong wind storm

Hi,

Just had my Hughsnet dish installed today.  I went up on the roof and watched everything. I have done similar installs in the past when equipment was shipped to me to install for stock market/futures data. I live in hurricane alley and figure I will need realignment after one of our typical wind storms passes. (Planning ahead.) I have the technical/mechanical ability to readjust the dish when/if necessary. I downloaded a couple of sat pointing apps from the iStore, but they don't have my bird (Echostar 19-NAD listed). Can anyone steer me to an app that would enable me to see my signal strength (currently 111 on the browser) during adjustments?

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@JohnB 

The official answer will assuredly be to call HughesNet at 866-347-3292 if you're having reception issues.

Because any answer may very well be removed due to HughesNet not wanting people to attempt their own dish adjustments, you'd likely be better off asking on a non HughesNet sponsored site.

Hughes net technicians that INSTALLED my System don't know the difference between an INTERNET connection and a WIRELESS connection
gokartergo24
Tutor

The only app is called Oasis for pointing HNS. The only place to get it is on Hughesnets tech portal site.. And you have to sign in to it has a tech to get it. There is what's called a dapt meter.  But it is strongly suggested to not use it.. You have to do a reinstall when you use it. And if a SBC file has changed (which they do often)  you are out of luck.  Best thing is get the extra insurance. If you are in a hurricane area..

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@JohnB 

gokartergo24 brings up a good idea.  You may want to look into the Express Repair plans that HughesNet offers.  If you hover over 'Shop/Upgrade' at the top of the page and click on 'Optional Services', you can see Express Repair listed, and clicking on it will show you the two plans they have available.