cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft at it again even worse

Highlighted

Re: Microsoft at it again even worse

So glad I run a Mac with OS X. Time Machine automatically does daily backups, I can restore to whatever date I want.  Now I spend a fraction of the time I used to spend with Windoz, AV updates before any use each day. And all the utilities, defrag, shut down and restart. Updates up the kazoo. NUTS! I wouldn't go back to Windoz if they paid me!
Associate Professor

Good for you?  My Win10 machine runs backups every X hours/days/weeks and keeps backups for X weeks/months automatically with my NAS attached.  I can restore to any day or even hour of the day with in the last 6 months currently.

So glad I run a PC with Windows. Smiley Happy
Assistant Professor

billmiller43, I have never seen someone lobby for Mac so religiously. They really should be paying you.

I'll move to Linux once 8.1 is no longer supported.
Associate Professor

Distinguished Professor III

I should buy a Mac.  To think of the two minutes per computer that I waste every month connecting my external drive and clicking a couple of things to do a system image.  I will NEVER get those six minutes back! 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

8.1 pretty much has the same updates that 10 has as far as all the data collection goes... >.>
I have Telemetry disabled. People don't realize 8.1 is basically 10 but with control of updates. I like it but will not be moving to 10.
Associate Professor

There are ways to control updates in 10... Just not simple, nor recommended...  Seriously, it's bad to avoid most the win10 updates it seems. Smiley Sad
Assistant Professor

PS: I have Pro so more control. Again, will never move to 10 unless they make some drastic changes, which I doubt.
Associate Professor

The only change IMO that would be needed, is the ability to set a "metered" time period on WIRED connections for when the OS decides to become very chatty and update...