Hughesnet Community

Misleading sales rep

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kellycjohnson12

Misleading sales rep

I was told that I would be able to stream Netflix with the plan I currently have. I can barely even load my emails.... I want out of this horrible contract NOW. I never would have signed up with HughesNet if I had known what was to come.
11 REPLIES 11
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

What does this test yield?  http://testmy.net/dl-12360&nfw=1

Have you gone over your data allowance and throttled?
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Chances are, you have gone over your monthly data allowance and your speeds have been severely restricted.  To see if you have used all your data, please visit http://192.168.0.1 or alternatively, download the status meter from http://my.hughesnet.com

If you use the status meter, you can purchase more data as well as see your monthly quota, how much you have remaining, and to see whether you are using data fast enough that you most likely will go over for the month.

Also, please note, while all service plans let you stream from netflix, it's not an all you can eat buffet.  You have to limit your viewing, as well as stream in the lowest possible definition to use as little data as possible.  To change what resolution you stream in, please visit https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87
Amanda

Hello Kelly,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I do not believe that the issue of you being able to stream videos has to do with our sales rep, but rather your connection. Have you ever been able to stream Netflix before? When did this start happening, or have you not been able to load e-mails and stream since day one? We should be able to locate your account using the e-mail you signed up with to run initial diagnostics as well.

Thanks
Amanda
kellycjohnson12

Nope, haven't gone over. This has been an issue since day one. I would love to change my resolution for Netflix, but I would have to actually get the page to load first. Minor detail.
kellycjohnson12

5.95 Mbps for download and 380 Kbps for upload
kellycjohnson12

I have had countless calls with customer service and have run the speed tests numerous times. Each time the representative tells me that they are going to escalate my case and have someone else call me within 72 hours. And guess what... I never get a call. This has been going on since day one of our service. We have not used anywhere near all of our data since we can't even get pages load. I spoke with a representative from home tech support yesterday and he told me that the plan I have though HughesNet is way too slow to stream any sort of video, much less Netflix. Someone here isn't telling the truth.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

What plan do you have? No matter which you need to stream in SD or low definition, not HD. HD will use way too much data plus it will sometimes buffer even on the best possible satellite connection. The hardware on the customers side can also cause poor streaming. Things like router and computer settings, distance form router if using WiFi, etc.

Are you plugged directly into the modem with one computer to test how it is then?
jfarmer4

Just a note to say that my sales person was not truthful with me about how much data I get or when I can use it,  but she did tell me I couldn't stream video.  I have really slow service and If its cloudy and raining, I am lucky to have any signal at all. 
kellycjohnson12

I'm not sure how to tell exactly what plan I have, but I have an allowance of 14000 MB. (With 98% currently remaining.)
This is much more than just a streaming issue. I can't even get Netflix to connect to my tv due to the incredibly slow internet. I mentioned the Netflix issue initially, because my sales rep said that my plan would allow me to watch it.
I've tried plugging into the modem directly and the result is the same.
Liz

Good morning Kelly,

After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering.

Your dispatch is currently scheduled for Wednesday, Jun 22, 2016 between 02:00 PM-05:00 PM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #54614318  if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes. 

Thanks, 
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi Kelly,

Haven't heard back from you in a while, so we'll close this thread. I hope that site visit went well. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!