cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misled New Customer

Misled New Customer

I was not informed regarding the limitations of use of this internet service. I'm very disappointed.  I am now 9 days new - with a meter reading of 99% use - what the heck??? I haven't used the internet a pinch of what I have had in the past - due to moving & unpacking - how is it that I would be using 99% of this service? It was an incidental finding during the community postings that there was even such a thing. It is apparent -by other documented posts -  this is a persistent practice of this company - to mislead and misguide potential customers. Why isn't this 'restrictiveness' information given to the potential customer??? This is a major issue for me - for I do not like to feel duped. 
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Misled New Customer

I would get the ball rolling and start the cancellation process, I know this may be your only "high speed" internet option, but you will be saving your self from a lot of frustration in the future. You will not be charged an ETF if you cancel within 30 days
Alum

Hello B Simpson,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about your concerns regarding usage, but we are here for you. Please keep in mind there are countless factors that can use your data.

To help you monitor your data usage and other performance metrics, we’ve gathered resources for you here, which also includes community recommendations:http://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/track_your_usage_performance_speeds_and_view_tips_...

The most important tool to download is our latest Status Meter, available in the Customer Support Center, so download that if you haven’t already: http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com

Could you please post one of the following -  a recent case number, full name of the account holder, or serial number of your modem so that we may look into this?

-Warren

Thank you for the information.  B3-0010506557 AA HT1100  - what ranges of modems are there - and where is this one at if there are different ones? The installer said this was a new one.  I did post this morning regarding questionable data usage on 9-12 and 9-18 of this month.  Thanks

iinstalldatacable  & jezra,

I may have to take the $3000 challenge for the nonlocal cable internet service to replace this.  Not too happy with the usages vs charges,etc. with this service.    :/

Alum

B Simpson,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry if you feel you were misled of our service, but please allow us to troubleshoot this issue.

Currently, we are running remote diagnostics on your site to make sure the equipment is running as it should, but please take a look at this link here: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/data-usage-sources-common-and-not-so-common

The above post explains in detail on how to identify common data drainage. Are you using a router by chance?

-Warren

wait, what 3000 challenge? Probably too late for me, i think im on day 30 right now, but for the future, or if i find this is costing me so much more aggrivation than i can live with.. what is this? Because ive often wondered if there was a way to get the cable company to come where they say they wont, even if it takes a few grand...our cable internet stops LITERALLY one house down from us....but that one house is like 600 feet away...