cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t.steven
Sophomore

Modem Issue.

@Liz

Hey, just wanted to update you on the issue as my message apparently hasn't been recieved. For the last couple weeks ever since using the HT2000w modem. I have had nothing but modem problems. You sent me the new one to try and see if it changed my internet performance and as we discussed, there was no change and the modem was returned. Well, after reverting back to my old HT1100 modem things have gotten better.

Now to the problem. My old modem won't update itself. It is stuck in a permanent update loop. I have called customer service numerous times, first couple times they couldn't help. The last time I called. They told me, that because I used the HT2000w modem I cannot revert back to my old modem and it's updates for that modem. Even though I can still use my service. It will not update. The problem with this is. Every hour my modem power-cycles itself interrupting my service for at least a 5 minute window. They even tried to force me to have a new HT2000w sent to me which I do not want any part of. I need to find some answers on getting my modem working like normal.

Oh and just an FYI, I think what was causing my performance issues prior to this new problem was the last update on the HT1100. My service has been running flawlessly as far as speed is concerned with the old default modem software. I just can't take the constant hourly automatic powercycle. It isn't exact either. It happens at random intervals within that 1 hour time frame.

Lastly. I refuse to have a new HT2000w modem just so we are clear on that. And hughesnet is just going to have to deal with it and get my current modem working right. I won't take no for an answer and I will not accept any excuse.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Hi t.steven,

Thanks for posting. We've been looking into this and have been sending commands to your HT1100. Please ensure it's not disconnected from power.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi t.steven,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated. Please power cycle the modem and unplug the HughesNet modem's power cord from the brick for 30 seconds before replugging. Give the modem a couple of minutes to come back online.

If it doesn't come online after say, 5 min, please let me know. I'll PM you further instructions.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz

Alright, I just got home from work and noticed my system was deactivated. I did as you requested and powercycled the modem. Nothing changed, however I did call the Hughesnet Customer Service after no change and they immediately transfered my call to Advanced Tech Support. The lady helped me re activate my modem as if it were a new installation.

That seems to have fixed my issue and everything is looking good on my end so far. Again, I appreciate your assistance. Thank you!

Perfect! Thanks for the update, glad it's working again.