Modem Lights

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbatterman
New Poster

Modem Lights

Our modem power light is intermittently turning red but then goes back to its usual white color. I’ve checked that it’s not getting too hot, but it always sits in a well ventilated area on top of our entertainment center with nothing around it. I’ve also checked where it’s plugged in to make sure it isn’t getting hot there either. Is there any other reason the power light could be doing this intermittent red color?

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

When you go here: http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status

What is the number next to State Code?

@dbatterman wrote:

Our modem power light is intermittently turning red but then goes back to its usual white color. I’ve checked that it’s not getting too hot, but it always sits in a well ventilated area on top of our entertainment center with nothing around it. I’ve also checked where it’s plugged in to make sure it isn’t getting hot there either. Is there any other reason the power light could be doing this intermittent red color?

It says 0.0.0 next to state code

dbatterman,

Thanks for reaching out! I see this is your first post here in the Community! Welcome! As GabeU stated, a red power light often indicates overheating. We'd like to take a look into this for you, but I was unable to locate the account connected to your Community profile. Please send a private message to the link provided below, with your account number or a phone number attached!

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/102584

Thanks,

Remy

GabeU

@dbatterman 

A red on the power light indicates overheating, so it's likely that either the unit actually is overheating or something's faulty with it, giving an incorrect indication of overheating. Either way, it's assuredly something the reps will want to address.  

They're normally on from around 9AM to 6PM EST, Monday through Friday, and they normally reply within a day. They may want to run remote diagnostics on the modem, for which they'll need to locate your account, possibly necessitating some personal info from you. If they need personal info, they'll ask for it to be sent via private message, for which they typically provide a link. 

If you want help sooner, you can call 866-347-3292. With that said, IMHO, the reps here are better equipped to provide it.

@Liz @Damian @Remy 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
maratsade

@GabeU 

Beat me to it. 🤣🤣🤣