Hughesnet Community

Modem Not Working, Power and Wifi lights only, cannot connect to systemcontrolcenter.com

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
getsmartt
New Poster

Modem Not Working, Power and Wifi lights only, cannot connect to systemcontrolcenter.com

My internet has been down for over 2 weeks, I have tried calling, chatting etc, but wait times and chat time-outs have been tremendous. Yesterday finally got through to Maria on a chat and the chat terminated before resolution. The only lights that come on are the power and wifi lights, I have unplugged and plugged it back in several times, each time those are the only 2 lights that come on. I cannot access systemcontrolcenter.com at all. I am hoping someone here can resolve my issue. Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

If you connect a device directly to the modem, can you access this page?  http://192.168.0.1/

The HN reps on this site will not be here until Monday. They normally respond within a day, so that'd be Monday or Tuesday, but they're spread very thin and may take a bit longer.  

getsmartt wrote:
My internet has been down for over 2 weeks, I have tried calling, chatting etc, but wait times and chat time-outs have been tremendous. Yesterday finally got through to Maria on a chat and the chat terminated before resolution. The only lights that come on are the power and wifi lights, I have unplugged and plugged it back in several times, each time those are the only 2 lights that come on. I cannot access systemcontrolcenter.com at all. I am hoping someone here can resolve my issue. Thanks,

Thanks maratsade. I am not able to connect to http://192.168.0.1/. But I just got notification via UPS that HughesNet has sent me a new modem, so apparently we got far enough into the chat yesterday for them to send me a new modem. I'm altering my first post to indicate this. Thanks again.
getsmartt
New Poster

Well, cannot figure out how to alter my original post, so I will supply an update here... It appears as though HughesNet has sent me a new modem, should arrive Monday. I'd like to thank Maria (sorry can't remember her last name) for resolving my situation even though our chat session was cut short. I look forward to having my service restored and will update this post upon connecting the new modem.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

To edit a post, click the 3 vertical buttons located on the upper right hand corner of the post. You will see the option to edit there.   Glad you're getting a new modem!

Liz

Good morning getsmartt, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I pulled up your account and I see you're back online after one of our phone reps sent you a replacement modem. If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!