Modem Rebooting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alhambra
New Poster

Modem Rebooting

My HT1100 is rebooting multiple times a day recently. Looking at the log I am seeing the entry "Reboot due to too many process restarts" at the times it is rebooting. Any ideas on what may be wrong and what I can do to fix it?
3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@alhambra 

This is very likely something the reps will have to help you with.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, so the earliest you'll see a reply from one is Monday.

@alhambra,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you are still having an issue, please start a new thread along with an update. 

-Damian, 

Damian

@alhambra,

Thank you for posting again. After running diagnostics, it appears the modem is having trouble detecting the router you have connected to the network. This may be causing your issue, but it can be resolved fairly easily. If you are able, we will first perform a full reset of the system. Unplug the HT1100 modem from the surge protector/outlet, then unplug your router. Please allow a few minutes to pass before plugging your HT1100 modem back in. Once this the modem is plugged back in, wait 1-3 minutes before plugging your router into it. Allow another 1-3 minutes and the system should be fully and successfully rebooted. Make sure the reset is done in the order of modem first then router. Please update me after these steps are completed and I will run diagnostics again. 

-Damian