cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem S?N B3 0010634521 A3 HT 1100 - Slow speeds - unable to get help from chat support

Re: Modem S?N B3 0010634521 A3 HT 1100 - Slow speeds - unable to get help from chat support

Hi Martha,

As our other members and customers have mentioned, the speeds are comparable, but many data intensive activities will remain subject to FAP speeds. Netflix, some social media websites and large downloads will be subject to FAP speeds.

SmartBrowsing is to be an aid to allow you to continue browsing websites and checking e-mail regularly, especially for those who work from home.

Thank you,
Amanda

Re: Modem S?N B3 0010634521 A3 HT 1100 - Slow speeds - unable to get help from chat support

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is this a normal speed?.

Assistant Professor

Liz or Amanda, the second time in two days one of my replies just disappears.  Smiley Sad

Once again Martha, yes it is normal if you are in FAP, over your allowance.

Hi sgoshe,

I noticed you replied to Martha before I merged her other thread. Replies under merged threads get lost. Smiley Sad Thanks for explaining to Martha, I also explained to her in her merge alert message that she is in FAP right now.

-Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Assistant Professor

Thanks Liz, I forgive you......once.  Smiley Happy

Guess somebody didn't like my comment about setting minimum acceptable data speed I made the other day. It went poof too. Oh well, that's life.
Honorary Alumnus

Liz,

Perhaps a more detailed or better defined description of what triggers a true FAP condition when in SmartBrowse zone would be in order. 

Honorary Alumnus

"Guess somebody didn't like my comment about setting minimum acceptable data speed I made the other day. It went poof too. Oh well, that's life."

What do you expect when you persist in thinking subversive thoughts ? Smiley Happy

Highlighted

And once again, this is an unacceptable speed when you advertised "up to 10mbps". The fact that my speed would be decreased to such a degree was never told to me. I was told that with smart browsing my speeds would be the same with normal use, excluding videos and movies, that were achievable when I had data available. I suppose some are satisfied with HughesNet, but from the posts on this forum, they seem to be in the minority. All possibilities need to be explained to a user including the poor speeds that happen when the minute data allowance is depleted.  This company would do much better to try to satisfy customers, which would include upgrading to 21st century standards.  Don't you think you can do better than 0.14mbs?!!                  

Hi Martha, 

Our sales representatives should disclose the Fair Access Policy in their discussions with potential subscribers. We can certainly request your sales call for review since you feel this did not happen. We'll post back once we have any news to share.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Honorary Alumnus

Martha,

All Hughes plans have a data cap. The plans are "tiered " and those plans that cost more get more as to higher data caps and a higher max speed.

What you are proposing goes against logic because then all the plans would have the same capacity.

"SmartBrowse" is not a method to bypass data caps. That just is not reasonable with a satellite system.

SmartBrowse allows you to maintain "speed" for very minimal activities

As I stated before in another reply, perhaps there is something on your network running .... a background process, too many devices ... something that in the aggregate that is drawing data at a rate that when in SmartBrowse, exceeds that allowed data throughput causing you to FAP rather than SmartBrowse.