cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem S?N B3 0010634521 A3 HT 1100 - Slow speeds - unable to get help from chat support

Highlighted

Re: Modem S?N B3 0010634521 A3 HT 1100 - Slow speeds - unable to get help from chat support

Liz I did not have smart browsing initially. Only when I called to cancel did the rep offer it to me.
Here is a post by Amanda 3 months ago here on this forum. She stated that there would be normal speeds while doing regular browsing.

3 months ago
    Photo of Amanda

Amanda, Official Rep

• 1581 Posts
    • 1151 Likes
    Hello Cheri,

As our other members have mentioned, Smart Browsing allows you to keep surfing at normal speeds to do normal web browsing like checking e-mail, reading the news and scrolling through Facebook. Streaming, heavy downloading and other data intensive tasks will still run at the throttled speeds. Smart Browsing only becomes active after you have exceeded your monthly data allowance. I hope this helps you!

Thanks,
    Amanda

"Normal speeds" to me means speeds that I normally get when I have data left. I understand that downloading, streaming and data intensive tasks would naturally slow things down. After I use my data, my speeds on all internet use drop significantly.
    Associate Professor

Re: Modem S?N B3 0010634521 A3 HT 1100 - Slow speeds - unable to get help from chat support

You are aware that when your in SmartBrowse mode, there is no way to really test the speed, as speedtests are nothing more than downloading a set file and reporting the time it took to download that, right?

Charles - I don't have to rely on the speed tests to know that it takes minutes instead of seconds to open a website when they open at all.
    Assistant Professor

Martha, do the sites have a lot of pictures and embedded video? Are you using an adblocker?

Most of them don't have lots of pictures and videos. Facebook does and I expect it to be somewhat slower, but not at a snail's pace. I am not using an adblocker.
    Assistant Professor

You definitely should be using an adblocker and there is some kind or program, I think it is called Purity, to limit FaceBook also.