Modem connected to Outroute ID 7...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Modem connected to Outroute ID 7...

Starting last evening my speeds were quite low, especially when compared to normal.  They slowly picked back up starting around 11PM and got back to normal by midnight, but after a few modem resets it's still connecting through Outroute ID 7, and as far as I know this is not normal and may indicate a problem.  The speed issues are highly unusual for me, and even on the rare occasion that my speed drops during peak usage times it's a very small drop.  

http://testmy.net/quickstats/Gabe1972

Though I may not be on during the day tomorrow (Tuesday), and though I usually power the modem off when I'm not using it, I will leave the modem on.  My LAN connected desktop will be off and I will turn off both WiFi radios just to be safe, but I will leave the modem on in case it needs to be looked at remotely.  

This evening, and presently, it has been partly cloudy at both my location and my gateway's location.  Signal strength is excellent, at 112.  No packet loss and no diagnostic issues.  Other than the earlier speed issues, all seems to be well.  Just the Outroute ID 7 issue.    

Thanks.  

Capture.JPG

P.S.  I know that there are more pressing matters at present, so I completely understand if this isn't looked at for a few days.  It's also possible that by then it will be back to normal.  In addtion, I will update to reflect such if it is back to normal when I am next online (probably Tuesday evening).  Thanks again.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
10 REPLIES 10