cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem intermittent reboots- Apple router

Highlighted

Modem intermittent reboots- Apple router

Chris,

I could be Mark's twin.  I have exactly the same situation at my vacation house: an HT1000 connected to an apple router (which connects to another one which distributes to the house)  It will randomly hang about once per day (though just did twice in the last hour).  This has been going on for several years.    It sounds like there is a software patch that will improve this.  How can I get it?

thanks

Brad

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Constantly have to reboot modem.
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Alum

Re: Modem intermittent reboots- Apple router

Hello Brad,

Thanks for posting and welcome. I will look into this matter and get back to you. Your patience and cooperation are greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted

thanks.  I look forward to it
Highlighted
Sophomore

Brad,

Yes, Chris (I think it was Chris) had their IT people push some software or firmware fix to our modem supposedly to allow it to work better with the Apple Airport Extreme router.  It seemed to solve the problem for us.  It has been working fine now for months. Have never had it disconnect when we aren't there since then.

Mark
Highlighted
Alum

Hi longshotranch,

Our engineers have pushed out the fix to your site. Please let us know if this has resolved what you are experiencing. Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted

Thanks Chris.  I will not be out there until late next week but will report back
Highlighted
Alum

Sounds good, Hope to hear from you soon.
Highlighted
Alum

Hi Longshotranch,

Just wanted to follow up with you and see if you were able to make it out to your vacation home and test out your system. Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Chris
Highlighted

Thanks Chris for following up.  I will be out there Friday and over the weekend and will report back

Brad

Highlighted

Were you also having speed problems?  I have an Apple Extreme and a HN9000.  The modem reboots itself out of the blue and my upload speeds are super slow.  TestMy.net says 92 % of tested systems have upload speeds greater than mine.  Not good.