cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem lights go off completely and come back on.

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: Modem lights go off completely and come back on.

Camptrained - I have the EXACT same problem.  My modem has been replaced.  Techs have been out and checked everything.  It still happens multiple times daily.  The last couple of times I have checked when it comes back on and on the status page that there is sofware  downloading.  It also shows that there is an error in the LAN address.  

I have been unable to get any help from Hughes.  They insist on telling me it is a "power surge."  I have also talked to my electric company and they gave me some things to do to see if this could be a power surge.  This happens no matter where my modem is plugged in. 

Very, very frustrating.  I have not called in a while to report because it takes forever to get past the first person who just wants me to unplug and plug my modem when I KNOW that is not the problem.   

If you get a "fix" for this, I'd love to hear it.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Why not start your own post and get help from an official representative at corporate level such as Amanda? Honestly, much better that hour long phone calls.
Highlighted

ncseaamonkey

When they replaced your modem did they replace the power supply? I've had a similar problem and the CSR here have been working with me for a week. They will get you the help you need and work until it is fixed. It was a long and arduous process but the CSRs here never gave up. Probably better to post your own thread and even better, and I don't mean this the wrong way because there is a lot of great help here, but I post any issues I have in a private thread because there are individuals here that feed on negative things even when Hughesnet takes care of the problem.

I've been with Hughesnet for 6 years and this is the first major problem I've had. It took a week to track down the problem but it did get fixed.
Highlighted
Freshman

Mordacious - 

They did replace the power cord - I should mention that my modem and power cord have been replaced numerous times.  Techs have been to my house numerous times.  

This is the first time I have posted here (I did start a new thread) simply because of what you say - the negativity. I  don't want negative, nasty comments - I just want to get my service fixed.  I work from home and this is costing me money because I am unable to get work done.  

Would you mind giving me direction on how do I start a private thread?  I would rather eat dirt than call Customer Support.

Thank you !!
Honorary Alumnus

Would you mind giving me direction on how do I start a private thread?  

After starting a new topic scroll down and check the highlighted box: