cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem lights go off completely and come back on.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Modem lights go off completely and come back on.

Thanks so much for the information!!! I have loved HughesNet and am very happy when it works....we definitely want to stay with them...  :-)
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

I too have been a "techy" and a Hughes subscriber for about 12 years and it has for the most part performed well.

Anything however can "break".

The modem retains extensive logs of its condition, both past and present.

The Hughes employees here in the Community are very well versed in this area, have greater knowledge and experience and have all of the technical resources of Hughes at their command.

They are however few in number and they as corporate employees work 9 to 5 ish M-F eastern time so are working through the weekend accumulation of posts.

They will however see your topic and respond as soon as they can.

Just to expedite things it would help if you could post a case number from a phone support episode or the serial number of your modem that can be found on the bottom or rear of your Hughes modem.

Remember not to post your SAN (starts with DSS) or other personally identifiable information such as email and so forth.

That will ensure that the Mods can ID your account details in the event that your Community log in info does not ID you.

Highlighted

Hi camptrained,

Welcome to our community! I am so happy to see our customers have been giving tips and trying to get this solved. I was able to locate your account by your e-mail and I am currently opening up a case so I can run diagnostics and see if I can pinpoint the problem right away. Sit tight & I'll be back!

Thanks
Amanda
Highlighted

Hi camptrained

I looked around and everything looks good signal, pointing wise. Doesn't appear your modem is overheating and if you've already tried a different outlet, we can rule out a faulty surge protector too. The reset log indicated it may be a software failure. I have reloadedf the software profile to your modem already - can you please let me know if this still does not resolve your issue?

Thank you
Amanda
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Amanda, could bad modem memory cause this? Do you have a test for it on your end?
Highlighted

Not per se - but  I don't have the ability to monitor the behavior before a shutdown or "crash" so I wouldn't know exactly if that caused it.

Amanda
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Just when you mention software failure I think firmware memory failure especially when the "software" is in firmware memory.
Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you very much! I have just seen this this morning and will let you know how things go over the next couple hours. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you looking in to this for me. Fingers crossed. PS The community has been wonderful support and I am so glad that I used this forum! 
Highlighted
New Poster

They did see and have provided assistance! Yay! Thanks for your help and support. I appreciate it. 
Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you so much that is a great idea. Good news-they have already seen my post and have provided assistance. So far it appears to have worked. I will try doing some work online and keep everyone update. I can't thank you enough for your help and shared knowledge.