Hughesnet Community

Modem lights go off completely and come back on.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
camptrained
New Poster

Modem lights go off completely and come back on.

Hi. I hope I can get some help here. I have been having an issue where ALL the lights on my modem go out and come back on slowly for some time now. Months. I have spent dozens of hours on the phone with HughesNet and still have the problem. This happens numerous times a day . I have had techs out twice-at my cost. They repositioned the dish the first time and regrounded the system the second time. Still the same problem goes on and on.  Things I have tried include power cycle bot modem and router, replace the router and cables, tried a different outlet, reset both the modem and the router and still the problem persists. I requested a new modem but was told that it would cost $174+. AND I don't own that modem AND I have to send the old one back so the fee does not make sense-I have paying for months for service that is more of a frustration than a benefit but we are very rural and our options are limited...I finally got to someone who said they could send another tech and replace the modern AFTER troubleshooting when it is down for fee, so I have to call when the system is down. I have tried that 2x's but by the time I finally get through the auto stuff and explain ALL OVER again what my situation is the modem is back up and running. Please help.
34 REPLIES 34