cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem lights go off completely and come back on.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Modem lights go off completely and come back on.

Bad news Amanda, within about 10 minutes the same problem happened again. It went down at 7:23 mst this morning. I can't tell you how relieved I am to have support here and not have to call in again. Please let me know if there is information you need from me. The last case number I have from HughesNet is 53351352. And the case and pin number from home tech support are Case # 1604-T022336 Pin # 1003663699 if that helps any. 
Highlighted
New Poster

It happens whether we are online or not and I do have some videos of it when it goes out...When all 5 lights go out there is a red light behind the blue of the power light if that makes any sense. I also have numerous numbers of diagnosis codes written down that I get, but I am sure you can see those in the event logs. I am not tech and have no idea what any of it means.
Highlighted

Hi camptrained

Sounds like we should just replace the modem. I understand you were quoted the full out of warranty price, however we will be replacing it for you here at no charge. Please remember to pack up and ship back the old one with the prepaid shipping label that comes with your new modem. Once it has been set up and tested out, let us know if the problem reoccurs. You should receive the replacement in 2 business days.

Thanks
Amanda
Highlighted
New Poster

Great! Thank you so much. I will definitely keep you informed. What a great experience this forum has been. 
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Just a tip, the power LED turning red is an indicator that the modem is over heating.
Be sure the modem is vertical and has plenty of room for air flow.
Highlighted
New Poster

Hi. I just thought I would touch base here again. We are still having the horrible problem with our modem and have not recieved the new one yet. The modem is upright and has good ventilation around it. Nothing that we have tried has had any real effect. Power cycle, reset, different electrical outlet, we bought a humidifier to prevent static electricity because that was ONE OF MANY reasons given for the problem, new router, new cords, repeatedly checking the connections of all the cords, reset and trouble shooting with customer service more times than I can tell you, technicians out twice, one "repositioned" the dish and one "grounded" the wires. I really enjoyed HughesNet before this problem started about 6 months ago. I have requested to cancel twice and they tell me they have it fixed so I give it another try. At one point it worked for 24 hours without going out and I thought we were good so I upgraded to the 50/50 GB plan. I was so excited to be able to operate my photography business from home and watch Grey's Anatomy....unfortunately it was not resolved and only became more frustrating.
 Hoping the new modem arrives today. 
Highlighted
New Poster

Update, we received the new modem this evening. Installation seems to have gone well and we are online....will update you over the next couple days but it seems right now as though our problem is resolved! YAY!!!
Highlighted
New Poster

I am super pleased to report that the new modem is working beautifully!! I appreciate all the help and support I recieved here, thanks Amanda, so very much!! Also a special thanks to Gwalk900 and Birddog. I am also following closely your replies on how to manage usage-although this hasn't been a problem I am so excited to have continuous service that it could be! Thanks again. 
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Persistence does pay off !

If you have further problems or even a question .. please post here in the Community and we will do our very best.

Highlighted

Hi Camptrained

Great to hear! Sorry it took a while to get there Smiley Happy They are  usually pretty fast. Don't forget to send the old one back! We will be here and leave your post open in case something comes up.

Thanks
Amanda