cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem not responding to reset

Ohagenhoff
New Poster

Modem not responding to reset

Internet service is out. The only lights on my modem/router are the power and WiFi, no other lights are on. I have unplugged it and reset it several times, still no internet. I have been out of service for 5 days and still unable to communicate with any service or support person.
4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Modem not responding to reset

The HN staff on this site will not be here until Monday, so if you can't get through to anyone else, you will need to wait till then.  Phone and chat support are available 24/7,but wait times are increased due to the virus crisis. You may want to try calling after midnight to see if you can get through. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Ohagenhoff wrote:
Internet service is out. The only lights on my modem/router are the power and WiFi, no other lights are on. I have unplugged it and reset it several times, still no internet. I have been out of service for 5 days and still unable to communicate with any service or support person.

If by "reset" you're referring to the actual reset button, this action should only be performed under the instruction of a HughesNet rep, and then only in the manner they instruct.  

Performing a reset incorrectly or at the wrong time can actually cause more harm than good.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

Hello Ohagenhoff,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I was able to pull up your account and run diagnostics. I'm unable to access your modem, so let's get it replaced and see if that gets you back online. Please expect the replacement modem to arrive soon; you can use its box to return the old modem. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Good morning Ohagenhoff,

Just following up on your site, I see you're back online now! If you have any other concerns, feel free to drop by the community again. Have a good weekend!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.