cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem not responding to reset

Highlighted
New Poster

Modem not responding to reset

I had a very brief power outage and now I can’t connect to the internet. All of the lights on the modem are lit up except for the second from the top. I have an HT2000W. I have a button at the bottom that I thought was a reset button. Held it down for like 40 seconds and nothing happened. I looked closer and got a flashlight so could actually read the writing and it says WPS, whatever that means. Then I unplugged the modem for 2-3 minutes. Everything came back the same ...still no system light. My devices and Samsung Smart TV still will not connect to the internet. Help!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Modem not responding to reset

It's possible that the power outage messed something up with the modem.  

If you have a device with which you are able to connect directly to the HT2000W with a LAN cable are you able to go to the following page?  http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status

If so, are both boxes at the top of the page green (most likely no)?  Do the System Summary and System Status boxes contain all green check marks (again, most likely no)?  In the System Summary box there is a State Code.  What is the State Code that is showing?  

Further, you may notice a small reset button on the back of the modem.   DO NOT PRESS THAT BUTTON  unless instructed to by a representative.  I only bring this up in case you find it on your own, as some people might think it will help to press it.  Again, don't press that button unless instructed to, as you can do more harm than good by doing so.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Junior

The power surge most likely bricked your modem, I have mine on a surge protector since we have a lot of outages.

Highlighted

Hello Psyche3535,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting.

After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Tuesday, Dec 12, 2017 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #108094985 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.