Modem still not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cowgirl4life76
Freshman

Modem still not working

So they sent me a replacement modem and it is still doing the same thing. I plug it in and the power light comes on, then the bottom 4 lights come on for a few seconds, then the bottom 4 lights go off and the power light stays on for about 30 seconds then all lights go off and it starts that process all over. There is no connection at all! The modem/router just keeps cycling through the lights. I have checked all visual cables and connections and nothing is chewed or disrupted. I have not had internet for about a month now. This is ridiculous, and I am not planning on paying $95 to have them come fix the problem. I would rather cancel my service!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was meaning the nightmare of explaining what is going on and no one understanding on the phone my explanation that the router/modem is getting no signal at all. No one could understand what I was trying to say to them I truely appreciate them sending a tech, he changed the transmitter and it is still not getting any signal. He is trying another new modem/router. Still not getting a signal. He has tried 3 different routers and each one has done something different. He just keeps plugging away trying other things now. Ok, so the transmitter was bad was why the modem was getting no signal, and then once the transmitter was changed it wasn't getting a signal due to the dish had moved slightly. So if anyone ever experiences the modem cycling through the lights like that. It is a bad transmitter! Thank you hughesnet for finally getting my internet back up and running after a month without!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12