cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem upgrade

New Poster

Modem upgrade

The lady I just talked to said I would have to do another 12-month contract to get the new modem......have been a customer since 2014 with usage issues where on the 14th I had 23GB usage in 1 day and don't stream, Happened 3 months ago also. and my chickens don't use wifi. Tech support had me disconnect modem for 24 hr. Said no usage so it must be me.  Not a happy customer at this time.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Modem upgrade

Hi excel25,

Thanks for posting, we can certainly address your concerns. I do see that the option for your account, if you want the latest modem, is to upgrade to Gen 5. Are you wanting the new modem in hopes of addressing your unidentified data usage?

If that's the case, it's great that you've found the community. We have two threads covering how to troubleshoot this and how to determine the sources of your unidentified data usage.

Here's the first step we have all customers take. However, it sounds like you've already done this with the phone rep and determined that the HughesNet modem is not the source of your usage. There is good advice on that page as to how to approach narrowing down your search.

This has a bunch of tips and tricks on managing your data, so you can reduce the chance of something like this 20+GB usage in a day happening again.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Re: Modem upgrade

Hi excel25, 

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->