Mods will not allow negative posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r0ttie1
Sophomore

Mods will not allow negative posts

I posted my results after a visit by a field tech and it went into the ozone.  Negative comments about HughesNet are not allowed.

6 REPLIES 6
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Yes, they do, provided they do not violate any rules.  Even then your post goes up before removal.

Sometimes posts get trapped in a spam filter and it requires moderator approval, give it some time.

Expected response.  Say nothing negative about HughesNet.  My posts never saw the light of day, even momentarily.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

• You may not have understood the response. 
  • Negative posts are allowed as long as they don't violate the rules.  Read the rules to see which ones will get a post deleted.
  • Even negative posts that violate the rules make it to the site.  The posts are deleted manually later when the mods see the rules have been violated.
  • If you posted things that violated the rules, they were deleted after the fact, for violating the rules. Again, read the rules to see what's allowed and what's not allowed.
  • This is a privately owned site, and the site owners are within their legal rights to remove posts. 

I read the rules and said nothing that would have violated them.  I just spoke the truth after a visit from a field tech regarding daytime internet speeds.  It was not a positive review and it kept my posts from seeing the light of day. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I believe you.

I imagine your post may have been accidentally caught in an automatic spam filter. If so, the mods will be able to retrieve it, and if there was another problem, I hope the mods will let you know privately what this problem was. @Liz 

There have been posts in the past that calmly and civilly have described bad experiences with tech visits, with chat, with phone operators, etc., and they have not been removed.  Just today , someone posted a pretty bad experience with trying to reopen a locked account, and that post, which paints the company in less than a flattering light, is still there. 

r0ttie1 wrote:

I read the rules and said nothing that would have violated them.  I just spoke the truth after a visit from a field tech regarding daytime internet speeds.  It was not a positive review and it kept my posts from seeing the light of day. 

Hello r0ttie1,

I looked into this for you and I'm not seeing any other posts from you other than one in another customer's thread and your other thread about the service call which I addressed, then this current thread. I also checked our spam quarantine and it's empty so I don't know what happened with your post, perhaps there was an error and it never completed posting. You are free to try again.

Hope that clears things up.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!