cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Month 4 of the worst internet experience I've had

Month 4 of the worst internet experience I've had

Tried to cancel before the first 30 days were up, but I let a Rep talk me into trying to fix the problems one more time. Big mistake, went over the 30 day period, now I'm stuck because I can't afford the $400 to cancel.
 The problem connection is slow, have to unplug and plug modem daily, call customer service and repeat the process again. Reps can speak and read English but don't seem to comprehend, last call was over an hour of trouble shooting and problem not solved. Set a time for someone else to call, 8:30pm, 48 hours later nothing. Next day in the afternoon when I'm not home I get a call to help.
 My S/N B3 0010168826AD, Pin #'s  141064, 421144,429768 if someone there wants to try again a phone call from someone I can understand between 8:30 and 10:30pm would be nice.
57 REPLIES 57
Alum

Re: Month 4 of the worst internet experience I've had

Hi Yearg,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting your serial number. I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated, but hopefully we can help address your concerns. We will pull up your account using the information you provided and investigate on your behalf. Then we can determine what further actions should be taken. We will update you soon. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. 

- Chris
Highlighted
Alum

Hello Yearg,

I looked into your account and it seems that your site is working normally. Your most recent speed tests reported on your site are normal, and other than a short period in march your service has been running better.

Are you still experiencing slow connection?
Also, what computers, tablets, or other devices are you using on your network?
Are you plugging directly into the modem or using a wireless router?
When do you get a slow connection? during the day or at night? 
What is the weather like during those times of slow connection?

Looking forward to your reply.

- Chris

Just ran a web response test 8.6 sec, it took 11.33 sec to open this page, 14.28 sec to open Fed Ex tracking, 30.52 to open up Amazon. Is this normal? I have a HP laptop, the cable comes into the modem, with a cable to the router and a cable from the router to the laptop. This is how it was installed. Does everybody else have to unplug and restart their modem 1out of 3 times they use their service. The time of day doesn't matter, I'm mostly on in the mornings. Right now the weather is nice with partly cloudy skies.
 I run the speed test because I'm asked, but I don't believe they really tell that much, the amount of time it takes to open a page is the problem. It only takes 2 to 4 sec to open those pages on my phone.
 Hughes Net has not lived up to any of the promises that were made in the sales pitch I got.
Honorary Alumnus

There are a number of internal router setting that could cause your issue.
I would suggest taking the router out of the loop during the troubleshooting process and connect the laptop directly to the modems output port.
Alum

Hello Yearg,

As Gwalk suggested please run those tests connected directly to your Hughesnet modem and let us know your results. Also, what router do you have? Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris

Web response, as installer wired it, 7.6 sec. Wired from modem to computer 11.3sec. I bought the router from the installer, because he said you had to have one that worked with Hughesnet , for a $130 dollars. The same router at Amazon sells for $49, it's a ReadyNet model WRT 300N-D6.
 When I signed up for service, after I moved, I was told it would equal what I had with Windstream, speed, price and nothing was said about data limits, this doesn't match up to their old Dial Up.

Alum

Hello Yearg,

The results from your web response test and all other diagnostics that we have run throughout this troubleshooting process are normal. My only other suggestion is that we get you in contact with our Home Tech Support division. What they can do is help optimize your site and peak your router settings to hopefully improve the performance of your home network. We will escalate this issue to our corporate office. One of our representatives will contact you and get you situated. What is the best time for us to call you this week? Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Chris

This is awful, just spent 2 hours trying to make out a quote, should of taken less than 30 minutes. This is so slow, I don't understand these tests, but it takes 10 to 30 sec to load a page sometimes longer. I want to cancel, I've been ripped off and lied to from the start of this nightmare. I shouldn't have to pay to get out of this contract, you should buy back this router.
 I've called and gotten nowhere because we can't understand each other, emailed and now this. And like always you say we've checked it out and it shows to be good. I know nothing about how any of this works, but these speeds are like dial up. And at the rate this is going my contract will expire before anything gets fixed.
 Also I noticed you took your payment out, even though I canceled Auto Pay. Guess that got lost in translation.

Alum

Hello Yearg,

The 10 to 30 second web response that you are referring to, is that directly connected to the Hughesnet Modem? Is this performance also consistent throughout the day directly connected to your Hughesnet modem? Because what you are experiencing seems to lead to your router. There may be a firmware update available, or other internal settings that can be reviewed, and can help to determine the cause.

Nevertheless, if that is the case, our Home Tech support can remote in and get you through it. I'm sure they can gather good information to improve your performance. If you do want to make an attempt at this, a good time frame to contact you this week is all we need to better assist you.

Thank you, 
Chris