cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Month 4 of the worst internet experience I've had

Associate Professor

Re: Month 4 of the worst internet experience I've had

Web-Response can be affected by much more than a router, almost anything on a PC can cause a slow response, even bad cabling can cause a reduction in responsiveness. 

Worst service I ever  had

I'll be home today after1pm
Admin

Yearg - We do understand your frustration.  And, why the payment change didn't take effect is concerning to you and us - if the billing process cycle had time to update.   I think we here need to get on the phone with you directly to assist better.  Is there any time during the day we might be able to get you with an engineer?  

We'll stay with you until resolved, without you feeling you're stuck.
Admin

Good - let's see what we can set up

Hello William,
If you are experiencing difficulties with your service, we really recommend creating a new topic. You can visit our topic here to learn best practices for your first post: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/helpful-tips-for-posting-in-the-community

Thank you,
Amanda
Highlighted

Got a call 5/20, tech had me uncheck a box, no improvement. Rep called back 5/21, set up another appointment with tech today. What are average web response times?
Alum

Hi Yearg,

Web response time depends mainly on the type of website you are trying to load. The differences between websites can vary greatly. Multimedia websites with videos, flash, and other features take the longest to load. Basic static websites for example, www.purple.com will load faster on most networks because there is a minimal amount of information to retrieve and display to you. 

With satellite internet, you will see a difference compared to broadband or DSL because of the added latency. This latency is due to the time it takes for data to travel from a gateway,up to the satellite, and back down to you. Finally, once your modem receives this data, it now has to communicate with a router if you have one, and then your computer. That is why it's important when running any tests, that you are directly connected to the modem which gives us the most accurate results. I hope this helps clear things up. 

We did also talk with our representatives that called you today and they informed us that you will be running speed tests for us. Feel free to post your results here when you have them. We appreciate your patience and cooperation while we work to address your concerns! 

Thank you
Chris

I've ran some tests and will run more, I'm not a tech and feel like I spend more time trying to help you figure out your system than I do browsing the web. I was told it would be comparable to what I had and it's not even close. To me 48 seconds to open "myhughesnet.com" is slow.

Still running tests, no change on my end.