Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Month 4 of the worst internet experience I've had

Highlighted
Alum

Re: Month 4 of the worst internet experience I've had

Hi Yearg,

Thank you for the feedback. I understand your frustration; however we are committed in helping to resolve this for you. I noticed that your most recent tests look good:

Just to touch all bases. We would like you to run speed tests from our official alternative website. It can be found at www.testmy.net. I did notice that your night time speeds are a bit low. So if you can run this alternative test at night as well it will give us better insight on what is going on. 

What you will need to look for once you access www.testmy.net is the Auto test link on the navigation bar. Once you click that, all you have to do is change the upload and download size to 12Mb each. There is a share results link that you can use to post here when the test has completed, or you can take screenshots instead. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris

Will try to do that last night at 8pm and 10pm I couldn't get Hughes Net site to come up to run tests.
Associate Professor

When you run this test, be sure to screenshot the test results, because Hughes won't have a way to see your results if you don't post them here.
Alum

Hi Yearg,

We look forward to seeing the results. Also, as Charles nicely mentioned please post the screenshots once you have the results. We will not be able to view them otherwise.

Thank you,
Chris

Did you contact your Installers company, sounds Like He is Double dipping! Did you try taking the wireless router out of the Loop? also Gwalk has a Post on resetting your startup programs to help stop programs from running in the background, I too am Not a Tech by no stretch of the imagination But that one setting really improved my speeds! Hope this helps?

My installer had me go to Best Buy to get mine, I wish Hughes would prewar Us Newbies about That!

Testing Dallas, TX US Dallas TX US | Mercury | Multi | Servers | Load 4.4%
TestMynet Sign In | Create Account

Selection
← ReTest

starstarstarstarstar   down arrow Download :: 147 Kbps 18 kB/s
gradientgradient  My Speed :: 147 Kbps
gradientgradient 97% slower than my average Dallas TX US US 4.6 Mbps
gradientgradient 97% slower than my host average 4.4 Mbps
gradientgradient 99% slower than the US average 22 Mbps
gradientgradientTMN 99% slower than Index Speed 11.8 Mbps

X
You might have a problem...Your connection scored only 3% of the Hughes Network Systems average (97% slower). This does not always mean that you're in bad shape. If the Internet package you subscribe to is slower than most people using your ISP you'll see this message.

Speed Test Version 14.12
© 2015 TestMy Net LLC - TestMy.net - Terms & Privacy - Mobile

Two weeks?
Alum

Hi Yearg,

Thank you for posting these results. What time of the day did you run this test? 

Thanks,
Chris

Yearg What state are you in? Also I don't know if you failed to see my other posting on this Thread, But here it is again, Hope to hear from you soon.

Did you contact your Installers company, sounds Like He is Double dipping! Did you try taking the wireless router out of the Loop? Also Gwalk has a Post on resetting your startup programs to help stop programs from running in the background, I too am Not a Tech by no stretch of the imagination But that one setting really improved my speeds! Hope this helps?

My installer had me go to Best Buy to get mine, I wish Hughes would prewarn Us Newbies about That!

Tutor

Chris, with those numbers does it really matter?