cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Month 4 of the worst internet experience I've had

Associate Professor

Re: Month 4 of the worst internet experience I've had

Yearg,

I feel you pain with me having issues also were is have not been able to use my internet for the past 2 months. I have done everything when i've called in getting no results. hughes net even paid for tech support to figure this out and when I was on the phone with them(for 2hrs) they tell me that the wireless modem is bad, but I took it over to my neighbors house and it work perfectly fine. I think it is BS that I have to pay early termination fee when there crap internet service is not working.

We need to start listing States or zip codes ? Maybe we can isolate an area w/ problems?
Highlighted
Alum

Hi Yearg,

Thank you for being patient throughout this process, we know it is frustrating. We do have good news though. We will escalate your case to our engineers, and have them work directly on your site. All the information you provided us will go a long way in facilitating a resolution to your concerns. For any inconvenience this has caused you, we will also be adding credits to your account which you will see reflected on your next two bills. Once we have feedback from our engineers we will update you with more. 

Thanks,
Chris
Honorary Alumnus

Ron,

Its not a matter of states or zip codes. Its a matter of beams and gateway facilities.

Echostar17 has 60 "beams" focused on a portion of the US. It looks like about 4 beams are served by a gateway facility.

The subscriber demographics are not uniform in density.

(I'll be down your way (Morgan City, LA) on the 4th of June to pick up a new Pup !)

Meet Tessa:

One of those Southern Belles for sure !

Ahhh she's adorable Smiley Happy

She will have you trained in no time!!

katie, Official Rep

• 454 Posts
  • 165 Reply Likes

Yearg - We do understand your frustration.  And, why the payment change didn't take effect is concerning to you and us - if the billing process cycle had time to update.   I think we here need to get on the phone with you directly to assist better.  Is there any time during the day we might be able to get you with an engineer?  

We'll stay with you until resolved, without you feeling you're stuck.

I'm feeling a lot more than stuck now!!!!!!!!! My bill says due 5/29/2015, but you deducted my payment, ten days early, on 5/19/2015. I still have not received an answer about Auto Pay, can I get confirmation that it's canceled????? It's been two weeks with no resolution, so I still would like to cancel my service with Hughes Net, I've lived up to my end of the contract. You've received "Taken" your money every month, but you have not provided the service. And the $10 credit doesn't come close to covering my time or the headaches.
Alum

Hi Yearg,

I looked into your account and when you requested to have your billing switched to invoice the call was disconnected. I will go ahead and take you off auto pay I just need to confirm that you understand their is $5 invoice fee.

If you would like to cancel your service. We’re very careful with account status changes. For account information protection, we would need to speak with you directly to provide you the details about the cancellation process of the service. As a result we would like for you to contact our Phone Support at 1-866-347-3292 to process this.

Thank you,
Chris

I've sent this by email because I couldn't log in service was so slow. Finally got logged in on my phone, I accidentally get disconnected quite often calling support its a nightmare talking to them. I want Auto Pay stopped because I don't plan on paying another penny to Hughesnet, put whatever charges you want on my bill. I've talked to my credit card and anything you bill to it will be considered fraud because I sent screen shots showing where I asked you to stop. I've paid more money than the services I have received are worth, I started this conversation over 2 weeks ago and nothing has been done. When it starts working I'll pay or send a tech to get your equipment. I'm not touching it again, to reboot, run a speed test or pack it up and return it. You took my money and I've gotten crap for it. And yes I know you can turn it over to collections and screw my credit, go ahead I don't care I have everything I need. So if you feel the need to screw me over some more go for it. 4 and a half Months now.