cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Data

Advanced Tutor

Re: Monthly Data

When was the last time you changed your password?

After you changed the password who had access to the internet & how much data was used (lost)?

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

The OP obviously doesn't really want to solve the alleged issue and is only interested in playing games.

The first step in troubleshooting the alleged issue was politely given, both on the first page and in even more detail on the third page, yet numerous pages later the avoidance of that first troubleshooting step is still happening.

People who actually want to fix a problem they're experiencing take part in that process.  That's not happening here.  Just complaints, avoidance and excuses, but no effort.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

Yep. Like Mark said, you can't force help on someone who doesn't want to be helped. I think we're basically done. 

@GabeU wrote:

The OP obviously doesn't really want to solve the alleged issue and is only interested in playing games.

The first step in troubleshooting the alleged issue was politely given, both on the first page and in even more detail on the third page, yet numerous pages later the avoidance of that first troubleshooting step is still happening.

People who actually want to fix a problem they're experiencing take part in that process.  That's not happening here.  Just complaints, avoidance and excuses, but no effort.

New Poster

I have the issue within 2 days of new month, 20 GB of data gone.  There is no way 2 people, especially us, can use that much in 2 days.  Called Customer support they did a test and called back hours later.  Couldn't find anything wrong.  On the Amazon support page, found out that it's our new Kindle fire 10.  Looking into Amazon for the answer.

Hope this helps.   

Ashley

Professor

Yep, the Kindle will eat gobs of data if you don't turn off the wifi (not sure if you can; I have an older model and it was possible to turn off the wifi).  

@Oregonsoulm8s 

That they show that kind of info is fantastic.  Another tool in the chest for trying to figure out the source of high data usage.  I have no doubt that this will help people.  Thank you for the info.  Smiley Happy  

I hope you can figure out what's going on with your Kindle.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@maratsade wrote:

Yep, the Kindle will eat gobs of data if you don't turn off the wifi (not sure if you can; I have an older model and it was possible to turn off the wifi).  

Is it because it's sort of acting like a cloud connection, constantly transferring data?  

Professor

Yes, it self connects to your network and to Amazon, unless you disable its wifi.

New Poster

@maratsade wrote:

I mean that terrestial Internet companies are not interested in bringing their business to rural areas, and that stinks.

That's life.

New Poster

@Reggie wrote:

When was the last time you changed your password?

After you changed the password who had access to the internet & how much data was used (lost)?

You don't understand. There is NO ONE to connect to it.