Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Data

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Monthly Data

@Reggie wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder if Glenn knows how to take a screenspot & post here.

If not, he could have just asked "How do I post a snapshot here?" instead of page after page of nonsense.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Hubby and I have moved around the country with our jobs for about 4 years and have had several different Internet providers. The last one we had, we had 6 people and our cable hooked up to the internet.  NEVER used that much data, and the 6 people worked different hours so someone was always on the internet.

I have to contact Amazon tomorrow and see if they can help me. I got a tech support response today after I wrote them. So we'll see.

Last night, HN rep, added a 3GB to our account, all kindles, fire.stick, etc.have had the internet turned to since midnight Sunday night/Monday morning, I checked it this afternoon we had 1GB left. So something somewhere is using up our Data.

At first I thought it was me who used the data, cause I've been home since Aug 1, with a broken ankle, but I'm glad to see that it wasn't just me who is having this issue.

Good luck.and I will definitely share any answers we get.

New Poster

Oh and I've never had the issue of kindles using so much data, in the 6 yrs that I've had kindles.  ( We have 6 kindles and.an Ereader). I do believe that this issue started with the Kindle 10.  But we'll see what Amazon says tomorrow.

New Poster

Glenn,  I understand cause that's what has been happening with us.  Most of the time we have WiFi off on all devices and still using data.

Professor

If you want to troubleshoot your data issues, you need to create a new post under Tech Support, and not tack on to someone else's post.  And you also need to show proof of the issue happening by following the protocol that Glenn refuses to follow. Without this protocol, you're not going to get anywhere.  Start a new thread by going to the Tech Support main page and clicking on "Start a topic."  Then follow the modem isolation test, and post the screenshots, so the HN people can help you.  

Oregonsoulm8s wrote:

Most of the time we have WiFi off on all devices and still using data.

Distinguished Professor IV

@Oregonsoulm8s 

Data usage problems are actually somewhat common.  Those who take part in the troubleshooting process very often find the source(s) and remedy for the problem fairly quickly.  I hope you do the same.  Smiley Happy 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Good morning folks,

Glad to see the community hop in to offer help! At this point this thread has spiraled a bit so I will close it. As our community members have suggested, if anyone has unidentified data usage concerns, please follow these instructions: http://hninfo.us/datats

Then post your screenshots in a new thread so we can determine if there is indeed something for our engineers to address.

Your cooperation and patience are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->