Monthly Reset of Data Allowance

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bare65
Advanced Tutor

Monthly Reset of Data Allowance

At what time of the night does our monthly data reset for the month?

Is it midnight or 2am??

I exceeded my 10 Gig monthly data allowance relatively quickly this past month...

we had a lot of company over Thanksgiving so it came of no surprise and quite honestly, even with the throttled speeds (FAP) I was still able to access and perform all of my usual daily internet activites without any problems....so it was really no biggie.

My monthly data is supposed to reset on the 20th of each month and I figured it would do so at 2am, starting with my bonus zone allowance.

Around 1am this morning, I started downloading the newly released Windows 10 Update. KB4054517 (OS Build 16299.125)

When I woke up this morning and checked my meter, (6.30 am) I fully expected to see my bonus zone taking the hit for this download, and my anytime data fully reinstated and back to 10 GIGS.

Instead, my anytime data is at 8 gigs and my bonus zone allowance has barely been used (a few measly MBs).

Does this mean my monthly data resets at midnight each month?

and if so...why, when I started this download at 1am this morning, was my meter still showing up as being in FAP status.

2.png1.png

13 REPLIES 13
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"Does this mean my monthly data resets at midnight each month?"

I think so.

Where do you see the FAP status? I don't see it on your screen caps. 

@maratsade

As of this morning I'm no longer in FAP because my monthly data allowance reset...

I'm just trying to figure up at what time my data actually reset because at 1am this morning, according to both my HughesNet Meter and my control panel were both still in FAP status ...so when I started the Windows 10 Update download, I was under the impression I was doing while still my Nov. 20th - Dec. 19th monthly allowance period. I just figured it would take longer..a lot longer, due to the fact that I was in  FAP and downloading under throttled conditions..at least so I thought.

Being that my monthly data had not reset at midnight, I figured it would reset at 2am, and as such, the majority, if not ALL of the update would simply be used during my bonus zone period in which I have 50GB..

It wasn't until this morning when I checked my meter that I noticed that 2 Gigs of the download...pretty much ALL of it, was taken off my anytime data (I've only got 10GB 'anytime' plan)..

how can that be if my data didn't reset until 2am..?

My meter and monthly data clearly didn't reset until 2am this morning...so any and all data downloading prior to this should not of affected my data allowance for this NEW month (which reset/started today) I hope that makes sense?

bare65
Advanced Tutor

BASICALLY..in a nutshell

This 2 GB of data that was downloaded last night, being that it was downloaded prior to my monthly data allowance resetting, should not have been applied to THIS MONTH'S allowance....but for some reason....it was.

Can anyone explain why this might of happend?

and is there any chance that Hughesnet can give these 2 Gigs back to me...as I only have a 10GB plan to begin with.

🙂

maratsade

"As of this morning I'm no longer in FAP because my monthly data allowance reset..."

[face palm]. Sorry, I misread your post.

I'm sure a savvy customer or one of the mods will have an answer for you on this.  I was almost positive data resets at midnight --- but now I have doubts, given your experience.

@maratsade

I thought the exact same thing...thus the reason I double checked both my meter, as well as the usage display via my system control panel before downloading this update...which was around 1am this morning.

At 1am..both were showing that my monthly data had not reset yet and that I was still within last months data cycle (Nov. 20th - Dec 19th)

I've had Hughesnet for several years and been around the block a few times...this is a first for me.

If I had known that my allowance had already reset..I would of simply held off and downloaded the update early this morning, before 8am.

maratsade

Well, given that they measure their data buckets as 8-2 and 2-8, it makes sense the data would reset at 2 am.  I don't know why I thought it was midnight. I'll have to test this!

The data resets at midnight not 2am, so there's a 2hr window of Anytime before the Bonus kicks in for 6 hrs.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Now my head is spinning.  I need a pub.

GabeU

My data always resets at midnight on the day of the new cycle. 

With that said, I have no clue as to why it showed you as still being in FAP at that point.  It can take a couple of minutes for the Usage Meter to catch up, but not an hour.    

maratsade

OK, so it resets at 2 am for Mark and at midnight for you, Gabe.  I see I came out of the pub a bit too early. LOL

We need a mod to set this straight! Midnight or 2 am?  LOL

@GabeU wrote:

My data always resets at midnight on the day of the new cycle. 

With that said, I have no clue as to why it showed you as still being in FAP at that point.  It can take a couple of minutes for the Usage Meter to catch up, but not an hour.    

A peek at the SCC should answer the question.

reset.PNG

I may have worded that funny... resets at midnight for me, vice 2am when Bonus starts.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

OK, so it resets at 2 am for Mark and at midnight for you, Gabe.  I see I came out of the pub a bit too early. LOL

We need a mod to set this straight! Midnight or 2 am?  LOL

Mark: "The data resets at midnight not 2am, so there's a 2hr window of Anytime before the Bonus kicks in for 6 hrs."

Maybe you came out of the pub a bit too late.  ROFLMAO!!!  😛 😛 😛  

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  

giphy.gif