cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly allotment of 10 GB of data used up in 3 days during our second month of service!

Highlighted

Re: Monthly allotment of 10 GB of data used up in 3 days during our second month of service!

Sorry. You lost me.  I have a link on my desktop.  Right clicking it doesn't bring up an "about" tab.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Monthly allotment of 10 GB of data used up in 3 days during our second month of service!

Right click on the green ring on your taskbar, like the icon on the left in the picture (between 2am and 8am it will be blue, not green) and select "About".   If there is no ring, it's either hidden and you have to click on the "show hidden icons" icon, or you have to start the status meter by clicking on the Hughesnet Status Meter icon in your icons on the left (most likely) of your desktop.

But, again, if it was a little over a month ago, and they downloaded it from the Hughesnet site, it's almost assuredly version 6.5.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Corrosive.  Well thought out and productive post.  Thank you for keeping this civil and informative.
Highlighted

Thanks for the info.  It's not even in my hidden icons, I checked. So I guess I will just have to go with what you said; it is the latest version, since it is only a month old.
Highlighted

Hello rdlatcsch,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations, it's certainly understandable. I've located your account and will request a sales call review to address your concerns. I'll post back once I have any news.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

I found it!  I didn't have it downloaded, but I do now.  Seems to be working fine.
Highlighted

Thank you.  I will await your response.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Glad to hear it. The majority of people don't have any problems with the new version, but some do.  You'll probably be fine.  Now that you have it, make sure that you develop the habit of looking at it every now so you can remain cognizant of your data usage. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

You can't get a good resolution with HughesNet. They have their speel down and you won't be made whole. I am still waiting on my free router to arrive. Just file a complaint with BBB and pay termination fee. I am moving on.....I am investigating other internet service providers thouroghly before spending my limited income, That's what the world has come to.

Abbie911: I saw a message fly by in here stating that the routers were on back order. At any rate, I can't imagine that you have your whatsis in a frizzle because you haven't received a FREE router on your timeframe. Gad.