cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly allotment of 10 GB of data used up in 3 days during our second month of service!

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Monthly allotment of 10 GB of data used up in 3 days during our second month of service!

It's something that requires a lot of knowledge, time, and money... This isn't an every day router you can pick up from Walmart, it's custom built and purpose built.
Highlighted

Re: Monthly allotment of 10 GB of data used up in 3 days during our second month of service!

you being an asshole does not give you the right to state older people are stupid for not reviewing certain things on the internet before signing up.  unless your a member of hughesnet trying to discourge others from complaining.  I was not even told about a two year contract. I just found out about it today after complaining about slow internet.  Then found out i used 20 gb,s of internet in 1 day because hugthes charges me uploading use to the satelite as well as downloading charges from the satelite. they can afford to give free gigs away when you charge like that.  I think the way hughes makes their money is to run you out of gigs and sell you more time each month at reduced price..  who can afford to pay $300.00 a month for interent
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

rmagngrum.jfp,

Knock it off with the language.  This is a public forum. 

BTW, your use of 20GBs of internet in one day is not Hughes' fault.  You're responsible for your data usage, both up and down. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

rmagngrum.jfp
Who's reply are you reading??
I actually was referring to MYSELF as the old person in my reply...no one else. 
You need to go back and re-read my reply..
Never once did I call ANYONE stupid or even suggest that anyone was stupid.
PLEASE show me where I called anyone stupid, and I will be the first to apologize. 

I merely pointed out that it is a customers responsibility to conduct their own due diligence prior to signing up for services, especially ones that they are not familiar with.

and read my LAST sentence again...
I didn't single out any one person, in fact i used the word WE, (to include myself) when saying that this is a hard lesson to learn.

I am simply a customer, just like you and most everyone else in this community...

Again...it is a CUSTOMERS responsibility to conduct his or her own due diligence before purchasing and/or agreeing to ANY services being rendered. 
It's about time that people start owning up to their own mistakes and taking on some responsibility when things go wrong rather than blaming everyone around them and then expect to be compensated.. 
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Speaking of old, I'm 68, I build and repair computers and have had Hughesnet for 12+ years.
For what it is, it works well. If it isn't working well make a clear concise post outling your issue in a non-profanity filled manner and you will get a ton of help pending the Hughes employees response.
Highlighted

I've had Hughesnet for over 8 years Last month on Aug 25-27 all of my Data disappeared. I monitor my data daily. So as soon as it went from 91%to 50% I called Hughes. They told me to unplug my LAN line from the modem for 3 hrs. So I did and called back. They said nothing was wrong with my Modem, The next morning when I logged on my Data had gone from 50% to 11%. So I again called back and was told to unplug the LAN line again from both the Modem and Router for 24 hrs this time. So I did and it used up about 1% of DATA. I noticed the only thing that I did different on the 25th was upgrade the Status meter. So I uninstalled it. I then called Hughes back and explained what was going on again. I was told to uninstall the upgraded Status meter that it had Bugs. I advised him that I already did that.. By the way the 1st two Reps gave me 2GB of Data each and the last guy gave me 6GB. I've kept the old Data Meter and keep an eye on it daily. Data usage has been back to normal since uninstalling the upgraded one. Hope this helps.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

That's scary. Didn't think most people updated to the newer meter after all the discussion here about the bugs. I went back to 6.2 the same day I tried 6.5.

Thanks for sharing the experience.
Highlighted

I finally upgraded to 6.5 a couple of days ago, mostly due to being sick of the upgrade popup.  It seemed okay at first, but started acting "twitchy", so I uninstalled and reinstalled 6.2.  I was lucky enough to have kept the installation file, as I do with anything I install on my computer.  I have installation files dating back to 2002 for some things, although they wouldn't work on today's computers, of course. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

I have no idea of the version of the status meter I have installed; whatever they downloaded when I was connected a little over a month ago.  I tried looking at the file properties, but that was not helpful.  Can you please tell me how to find out what version of the status meter I have?
Highlighted

If you right click on the green or blue ring on the taskbar and select "About", it will tell you the version, but if it was a month ago, you almost assuredly have version 6.5.