Months of Slow Speed, Even After Gen 5 Upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dgill9241
Freshman

Months of Slow Speed, Even After Gen 5 Upgrade

I see that this issue has been resolved for someone else. I am experiencing this same issue. Every evening without fail. My internet will drop and I will have limited connectivity to the gateway. I was wondering if this can be looked into for me. What do you need from me?
7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Dgill9241 

When the dropout occurs, what is the State Code you are seeing in the System Summary box at the top of this page?  

Also, on the same page, what is showing for your Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the WAN Info box on the bottom left?  

System state code: 12.1.9 -- A transmit problem has occurred
Satellite receive strength: 76
GabeU

@Dgill9241 

That's not good.  A 12.1.9 State Code can occur when there is bad weather at either your location or your gateway's location, but that's not something that would happen every evening.  

If you normally don't, please be sure to leave your HughesNet modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment to see what's going on.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, though Damian is often on during the evenings.  I'll tag a couple of reps so that they will be sure to see this thread and help.

@Liz @Damian 

Just as a guess, it wouldn't surprise me if the dish alignment is "off' and something is causing it to move slightly to be "off" even more during the evening due to the temperature changes. That or there being moisture in the coax fittings, or even the lens on the radio.  Again, though, those are just guesses.  It could be due to something entirely different.  

Thanks for the help so far @GabeU!
GabeU

@Dgill9241 

You're very welcome.  

I'm still hoping that one of the reps will reply today.  They usually do so within a day, though when they're very busy it can take a bit longer.  But, if not today, it should be tomorrow.

@Damian 

@Dgill9241,

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to the community. After running diagnostics on your equipment, it appears @GabeU was correct. We are seeing poor alignment with the dish outside. It is possible that the weather could have caused the dish to shift in some way resulting in poor alignment. In light of this, I would like to send out a technician to fix this. The technician will be re-pointing the dish and performing other preventative measures to maintain the repair. Please private message me with days and times that would work best for you. Keep in mind scheduling an appointment for a specific day may be difficult depending on the availability of the technician. Because of this, I will review the schedule based on your answers and present you with the ones that match the closest. Also, please include a primary email and the name and phone number of the person most likely to be there for the repair, in your private message to me. This person does not have to be yourself, but they must be over 18 years old.

-Damian 

@Dgill9241,

I apologize for the delay in response. I was successfully able to schedule an appointment for you today. The dispatch is currently scheduled for Sunday, Dec 8, 2019, between 02:00 PM-05:00 PM. The scheduling department will call you soon to confirm this appointment. If you wish to change this for another time or day, you can do so once they call the phone number you provided me. I am confident our technicians will be able to resolve this issue. Please keep me updated on your status after the repair.

-Damian